CHAPTER 14

(Trigger Warning : This chapter contains suicide and domestic violence)

PETE

I still can't believe what I saw in front of me. The woman is dead. Really dead. She stabbed her own throat with a broken plate from her meal. I saw something else on the tray, still laying at the same place as when I put it there.

Yesterday, when Vegas met Porchay's mom, I came down here, not to meet her directly, but to slip sometime into her food tray. A hair pin, to help her unlock the handcuff and the door so she can escape.

It wasn't our plan since the beginning to let her stay here for too long. We intended to help her escape and send her back to her family. So why did she choose to kill herself instead?

"Someone came down here to meet her just a few hours before she died" said Arm, showing us the CCTV recording.

The person who met her here was smart to be at the blind spot of the camera so the camera didn't catch their appearance at all. They were surely influential enough to make the woman just voluntarily kill herself without hesitation. And only one person comes into my mind.

"Did she have any family? Someone we can send her body to?" Ask Porsche.

This view must not be so comfortable for him to see. He didn't live in this mafia world as long as I do and still not get used to this kind of view.

To answer Porsche, I know she had. I already read her file and feel like I know her personally. She had a daughter who lived with her ex-husband in Hong Kong. She had some financial difficulties since she got divorce and because of that she lost her daughter's custody. She came here to make some money so she can get her daughter's custody back.

"She had a daughter who lived with her ex-husband, but I don't think her ex-husband wanted to take her body" answered Arm.

This shouldn't be happening. We ran a lot of digging on her life before we chose her. She was an orphan who was basically raised by Khun Korn's sponsorship. It was clear for what purpose Khun Korn was sponsoring her. She was always helping him with important tasks that no one wanted to take. She was more than a mere assassin for Khun Korn, she was an important underling. Or so we thought. Turns out she wasn't important at all.

I looked at Vegas and his face wasn't easy to describe. He didn't look disgusted for sure, this was nothing to him, he did worse to someone else and he didn't even blink an eye when he did that. But, this time, there was some fear on his face and I still don't know what caused it.

"You guys never learn, don't you? You know how easy it was to come and go to this basement yet you still won't place any guards here" said Vegas mockingly.

"The one who met her here, do we know at what time that person was coming here?" Khun Kinn asked, totally ignoring Vegas's comment.

"They were here from 19.04 to 19.07" answered Arm.

"Only 3 minutes yet they manage to make her kill herself" said Porsche.

"It was actually easy" said Vegas "They can just say, kill yourself or I'll kill your daughter. She will do anything just from that sentence"

"Maybe you yourself said that sentence to her, Vegas?" said Khun Kinn with suspicious eyes.

"Well, thankfully, we all know exactly where I was yesterday night at 19.04 to 19.07" said Vegas confidently.

That's right, Vegas had a perfect alibi, because we were all, well, except for Arm, gathering together at Porchay and Macau's dorm room at that time.

"Just take care of her body first, please" said Porsche. He can't stand the sight of a dead body in front of him and keep looking away.