CHAPTER 20

KIM

"Just calm down first, ok" Vegas said to me.

I keep walking back and forth while trying to call Porchay. He didn’t pick up my calls.

"Kimhan, just try to calm down and think it thru"

"How can I calm down when my papa is kidnapping my 18 years old boyfriend" I said half screaming.

"Kidnapping is a strong word, Kim, he just asking his bodyguards to pick him up from his campus"

I almost didn’t listen to what Vegas said and just kept trying to call Chay. It feels like my worst fear is coming true. My papa must have found out about our relationship and now he’s going to use Porchay to threaten me. 

"I can't be here, I need to go back now" 

"Wait, just wait and hear me out for a second" Vegas hold my shoulders to prevent me from going out from the room "First of all, in case you forgot, we get here by a commercial flight, we didn't bring our own plane, you can't just fly away anytime you want"

"I don't care, I'll buy a new plane if I need to" I said, while keeping struggling to free myself from Vegas’s hands.

"Ok, but even if you get a plane right now, you need at least one and a half hours to get back there"

I stopped struggling when he said that. Ok that was totally true. I can't be there in time except if I have Doraemon's magic door. 

"Just think, who is Porchay?" Vegas asked me.

"My boyfriend" I answer with the most obvious answer.

Vegas rolled his eyes when he heard my answer then sigh loudly "I mean, who is his parents? Who is his brother?"

"He is Aunty Namphueng's son and Porsche's brother" I sounds so stupid answering a rethorical question. 

"That's right, he is your papa's nephew and the leader of the minor family's brother, your papa won't do any harm to him"

"Then why did papa take him from his campus?"

"You two met Aunty Namphueng yesterday, he must be wanted to asked Porchay about it"

"Just that?" I asked, but then, when I think about it again, that totally makes sense. Porchay basically smuggled me to meet his mom without my papa's permission.

"When I visited Aunty Namphueng, Uncle Korn was literally barging into Aunty Namphueng's room and took me to his study room right after he lost the signal from the hidden camera" said Vegas "He wasn't even home when you visited Aunty, right? It's only natural he want to question Porchay about your meeting with her"

I calm down a little bit and sit back on the sofa. Vegas follows me and sits beside me.

"But we still need to call Porsche" Vegas said "He won’t be very pleased if he knows Uncle Korn just send bodyguards and take Porchay from his campus"

"Please, do call him" I said “I know it's impossible for me to be there with him now so at least someone will be there to save him”

Vegas narrowed his eyes and looked at me “You do realize that Porsche is literally Porchay’s brother, it is actually his job to protect Porchay”

“Yeah, yeah, I know, but Porchay got into trouble with my papa because he is helping me” I told him my reason.

Vegas chuckles “I too, got in trouble with your papa because Porsche asking for my help”

This time I’m the one who narrowed my eyes “What do you mean?”

“Ah, I forgot to tell you, am I?” he said “All I do now is because your beloved brother in-law asking for my help to find the truth about your papa and probably bring him down too”