CHAPTER 17

PETE

The sky is already dark when I open my eyes. I must have fallen asleep when I accompanied Vegas. Vegas is still sleeping soundly beside me, I touch his forehead and I’m happy that his fever is almost gone. 

There was a bit of chaos this afternoon because he just remembered he missed his grandparents death anniversary. He already called his uncle and said sorry for missing their death anniversary because he got sick. His uncle said it’s ok and even wished him a speedy recovery. But Vegas knows for sure his uncle will use this to make him look bad in front of the branch leaders. Vegas doesn’t care about whatever his uncle will do. He can always come out with another excuse to make them side with him instead. Right now, he just wants to be here with me and recover as fast as he can.

I lied down beside Vegas just watching him sleeping. I don’t know since when, watching him sleep has become some kind of hobby for me. His face looks so peaceful when he’s asleep like this. I can watch and observe every single detail about his face when he’s sleeping. 

If I ever have any ideal type of man, maybe Porsche is the closest person I have in mind. He’s tall with dark skin and has a fun friendly personality. Vegas, on the other hand, has pale skin with piercing eyes and intimidating personality, a total opposite from my ideal type. It was clear that before I dated him, I never saw Vegas as an attractive man. But now, my eyes are only on him. His long eyelashes, his sharp jawline, his skinny fingers, his smiles, his laugh, his cunning and crazy personality, everything about him is attractive to me. I can just lie here, watching him for hours and won’t feel bored at all. 

Even in my wildest dream, I never thought that in this life I will fall so much in love with someone and that someone is none other than Vegas Theerapanyakul, the devil himself. And it all started in this very house.

I look around my surroundings. It’s very quiet and calm here, the lake view from the window is still beautiful even though it’s night time. Now that I’m here not as a prisoner, this place is actually very suitable for just resting and regaining our energy. While Vegas is still sleeping I want to look around and explore the house more. I get down from the bed very slowly, making sure not to wake Vegas up and get out of the room.

I was walking around the veranda, enjoying the night wind. At the front yard, I saw the hedgehog’s little grave is still there, under the big tree where we buried him. I walked there, put some flowers on it, and sat there for a minute. In my head I was thinking, dear little hedgehog, I wish you knew what happened here after your death. But again, if you’re not dead will things still be the same between me and Vegas? Now, I felt really stupid thinking by myself infront of a hedgehoge’s grave.

I stand up and walk back into the house. Instead of going back to Vegas’s room, my feet bring me to the room where I was held captive. The room was located outside the main house. It maybe should have functioned as a mini warehouse to store unused things, because there was no window and no proper lighting inside the room. 

When I reached there, the door was unlocked, I opened it and walked inside. The room still looks exactly the same as how I remember it. But, is the bed always this small? I wonder how Vegas and I fit to sleep and even do many other things on it. 

When I was brought into this room for the first time, I seriously thought I'd only get out as a dead body. But instead, I end up missing the time I spend in this place so much.

I was busy remembering many things that happened in this room when I heard Vegas calling my name from afar. He must have woken up and got worried because he couldn't find me.

"I'm here!" I called him from inside the room.

I can hear Vegas's running steps get nearer and nearer. Seconds later he arrived in the room and immediately hugged me from behind.