CHAPTER 2

PETE

A WEEK AGO

I was at the main family house dropping off Macau and visited the young master. I actually prefer to stay at the hospital with Vegas but Tankhun keeps coming to the hospital and making ruckus bothering everyone, so I have no choice but to come here once in a while and accompany him to watch a drama.

On my way to the young master room I was called to Khun Korn study room.

I have never been inside his study room before. For us the bodyguard this place is sacred, only the three brothers, the nephews and the late P'Chan ever been here. Today I was called here for the reason I don't know yet.

"Hallo Khun Korn" I bowed to him when I entered the room, he was sitting behind the big wooden old looking desk. He smiles when he saw me

"Halo, Pete, please sit" he pointed at the sofa in the middle of the room. I chose to sit in the middle of the long sofa while Khun Korn sat on the sofa on my right.

I feel like an Elementary School student who was called to the principal office even though I didn't do anything wrong. I feel guilty for no reason. Did he about to scold me and say things like I'm not a match for his nephew? Will he ask me to leave Vegas?

"How are you, Pete?" He ask me with a friendly tone

"I'm good, sir"

"I heard Vegas is getting better everyday"

"Yes, I'm grateful for that"

"Me too, me too. I was afraid I'll lose two of my family members that night. Gun was a losing case, I had no choice but to kill him. But Vegas is still young and full of spirit, I believe I still can guide him to become a better person."

"Yes, sir" I really don't know how I should answer. Where is this conversation going?

"The situation now is a lot more calm. But we can't deny we lost a lot of our people that night, some of them were your friends too, right, Pete?"

"Yes, sir" actually no, I only have Arm, Pol and Porsche as my close friends and all of them survive. Pol got shot by Vegas and he kept whining about how I left the main family to be with the person who almost killed him, which is not true, because he only got shot on the shoulder, it's not life threatening at all and he was already discharged from the hospital long ago. The other bodyguards were only my juniors and co-worker that I'm not really close to, so I almost feel bad because I didn't feel bad for their death.

"With Porsche as the leader of the Minor Family we can maintain a peaceful relationship between the two families, and avoid any conflict in the future. Don't you want that too, Pete?"

"Yes, I am, sir"

"I know Vegas is a smart kid with a highly competitive personality, the whole problem he cause with Tawan and Ken was almost bring down our whole company"

Oh, no, did he want to bring up Vegas's past problem? Did he want to punish him for that?

"But I believe people can change" Khun Korn continue "I believe he can change to become a better person if we gave him a chance"

"He will, sir, he told me when he discharge from the hospital he want to live a peaceful life and didn't want to intervene in the family business anymore"

"That's good, that's really a good choice for him. But you know Vegas is a very strong hearted person. I killed his papa, it broke my heart because he was my brother, he was about to destroy our whole family and I had to stop him. But for Vegas, his papa was died unjustly and I don't know if someday he want justice for his papa"