chapter 61

april 24th, 2022
priscilla jean townsend
when i woke up i was laid across the bed on top
of ty with my feet in his face. i was facing the twins cause they were pretty fussy last night.

i got up into the shower and before i could get out i heard trystun crying causing me to sigh. i knew it was coming, my baby been crying all night i feel like he's sick and i wanna take him to the doctor.

when i got out the shower grabbed my towel and wrapped it around me before going to pick up tryst before he woke up everyone.

i held him right to my chest and he was shaking his head back and forth, i helped his fussy self get latched on. once he was latched on i gave him my finger to play with so he'd calm down.

ty said "you aight baby?"

i said "yeah tryst just not feeling well; he's been up and down all night crying. can you pick up a thermometer? i just wanna make sure he don't needa go to the hospital."

ty jumped right up hearing hospital and went downstairs before coming back with a baby thermometer. he did the ear one and he didn't have a fever.

i held him just rubbing his head and wiping his tears. i said "he might not have a fever but something is definitely not right. i'm rey bring him to the hospital."

he nodded and said "i'll get tyrus ready."

i nodded going to our closet throwing on a pair of sweatpants with some slides and one of ty's hoodies. i put trystun in a white onesie and burped him. he still looked in distress which scared me to death. i put him in a green hat with matching green pants. i held trystun on my chest the whole time not wanting to let him go knowing he wasn't feeling okay. ty drove to the hospital and they brought us back soon as we got there. they ran a bunch of tests on trystun and found that he had mis-c where his organs became inflamed. the doctor came in and said "I'm very shocked you caught it as early as you did, your son is showing very early signs so it's easier to treat. way to go mom."

i wasn't really happy bout it i was but wasn't cause i'm trying to figure out how my baby got sick, mind you he didn't add if not treated early this is a deadly fucking disease. he just played it off too much for me.

i laid with my baby in the hospital bed. trystun had to stay for 2 days at a minimum to ensure the inflammation was reducing.

ty was laid on the hospital room couch with tyrus every night.

after 2 days trystun was a brand new baby back to himself which made me happy.

he was discharged and it felt like being released from prison. we brought the boys home and he put them down for their nap, we got right into the shower. i had tears welled up in my eyes as ty came and kissed them away.

he said "why you crying?"

i said "what if something happened to him baby."

he wrapped his arms around me rubbing my back and kissing on my forehead. he said "you made sure it didn't, we can't live in the what ifs pri."

i know he didn't mean to but that didn't do nothing but make me cry more. he said "come here baby, calm down."

i had began slightly hyperventilating and he had to put my hands above my head and dead ass stare into my eyes to get me to control my breathing, i was panicking.

once i finally calmed down he just held me until i was ready. when we got out i put on my robe and just wanted to sleep. he pulled me right into his lap rubbing my face as my head was laying on him.

i said "i'm sorry if i scared you ty."

he said "you don't have to apologize for nothing you ain't do nun wrong baby."

i wanted to say something but our food had finally shown up after barely having an appetite for the past two days i was starving.

ty got up and walked to the door where our food was. my fat ass was beyond happy. ty got us fried chicken with all our favorite sides from mama tee's. i kissed on his lips thanking him.

we made our plates and ate while catching up on our show. once we finished eating i laid on top of ty pecking his lips, i said "thank you for being a great daddy and even better husband, i love you tymere."

he kissed my lips and said "i love you more. you know ima lil bias but even the doctor said not many other moms would've caught that. one of the best already."

i laughed and said "that's just intuition i knew it was something wrong with my baby. i'm just glad they recognized what it was immediately some times they don't."

he said "boys lucky they mama and daddy nurses. ya graduation may 4th though you excited?"

i smiled and nodded. i said "yeah i'm glad you helped me do it. make sure we forever straight."

he said "yeah even though i don't foresee you working anytime soon: the separation anxiety between you and the boys would be too real."

i side eyed him and said "you throwing shade?"

he said "nah im just being honest baby. i'm very proud of you and whenever you wanna use your degree you know ima support you. but as of right now, i can't see you jumping right into working. and ain't no problem with that- like i said you never have to work again if you don't want to."

i nodded and said "i definitely will but most likely not until the boys in elementary school because i don't wanna miss any firsts. i would be heartbroken if i was at work and never got to see the boys first steps, words, etc."

he said "and you won't so don't worry bout it. just make sure if i miss it you got it recorded. or tell 'em wait."

i laughed and said "don't worry baby i got it."

he said "and plus realistically by the time the boys get to elementary school you already gon have a couple more babies to look after."

i said "is that right?"

he nodded and said "hell yeah, a couple more so ya hands gon be full."

i laughed and said "you and our future football team."

he said "atleast one a year til you finally hop on a birth control."

i said "i ain't never getting on that shit."

he said "shit look like we ain't stopping then, might set a world record."

i laughed and said "you get on my nerves foreal."