chapter 13

december 10th, 2020
priscilla jean carter

i woke up and i felt strange like i was in a cold sweat all night. i got into the shower and noticed light spotting, i put on my panties, bra, and scrubs. as i was walking to work i felt a bit dizzy but nothing ive ever felt before. i was walking to get my assignment when i collapsed on the ground.

when i woke up i was in a hospital gown attached to an iv. one of the nurses came in and asked "priscilla how you feeling?"

i groaned cause of the lights and confusion. I said "what happened?"

she said "turns out you had an ectopic pregnancy so they had to take preventive measures to ensure the fetus did not kill you."

my heart was kind of broken, i said "how far along was i?"

she said "about 6 weeks im sorry ma'am the fetus wouldnt have lived outside of your womb and had the potential to kill you. we contacted your emergency contact who is your mother. she consented to the procedure as you couldve become septic."

i nodded and just tried to process everything.

as i started to process everything i couldnt help but cry. maybe it wasnt zay the whole time and it was me, maybe im not meant to have a baby. the nurse did her best to comfort me before leaving me to tend to other patients. they wanted to keep me overnight and i was beyond an emotional wreck.

i texted ty and he called me immediately, he said "what happened?"

i started crying but i could barely get it out, i said "im at the hospital room e3522 can you please come?"

he said "yeah im on the way." i hung up and within 20 minutes he was here. he said "what happened? are you ok pri?"

when he came in it made me wanna cry even more. he sat on the side of the bed and grabbed my hand. he said "what happened ma?"

i finally choked out "the baby was ectopic, and i passed out at work." he wrapped his arms around me and just held me while i cried into his chest.

he said "i am so sorry priscilla, how far along"

i said "6 weeks."

i know his heart was crushed too because i could see it on his face.. he said "we gon be alright ma, this is rare you know? this may be god's way of telling us to slow down."

that made me cry even more because i know regardless of everything and anything if i had a baby i would give up everything to make sure they are straight, no matter what the circumstances. i said "maybe," i released him from the hug and just laid back down.

he was rubbing my fingers and said "im sorry maybe that wasnt the best way to put it. but when i have my first child with you i want that baby to see it's parents deeply in love. i want the kids to know what a good example of a true gentleman is, i wanna be in a place where we are both on the same page."

he pulled my face to my look at him. he said "pri,"

i said "yes."

he kissed on my lips and said "we gon be okay, i promise."

i said "okay."

i kissed his lips again and he rubbed my back lightly. i wanted to take time off and just fucking escape my whole heart was broken.

i thought i was good and strong but i'm not i'm hurt and broken, and i don't understand why shit like this happens.

december 28th, 2020

two weeks after my overnight stay i went back to my house and showered. i felt disgusting and rubbed my skin basically raw.

sometimes i just wanna know why my body fails me, i broke down before wiping my tears. i put my vitamin c on my face. i put on some heavy flow pads and some grey biker shorts and a white shirt.

i laid down and was just out of it, like i completely disassociated from life. then i heard a knock at the door and it was ty. he came in and rubbed on my sides and ass. he kissed on my lips.

he said "i don't want you to leave ma, i need you to stay, we can find you a new job out here if you still wanna work but i really don't wanna do life without you."

i said "fine,"

he said "i wasn't done. this shit maybe fast as hell but i would marry you today. i want to marry you. i never met someone that is literally like my other half, the moment we spoke for the first time i could picture you with my last name. you're spirit and soul are good, you deserve the world and i genuinely plan on doing anything in my power to make sure you get that. it don't gotta be today, but, priscilla jean carter, will you marry me?"

i was really in disbelief he was standing here on one knee my heart was beating fast asf. i said "you sure ty? like positive?" with tears in my eyes.

he said "of course girl i really love you and i don't wanna risk letting love go. it's not worth it."

i nodded and said "yes ty."

he put the ring on my finger and i wrapped my arms around him. he kissed on my lips, he said "thank you thank you."

i said "i love you."

he was smiling from ear to ear. he said "can i take my fiancé to dinner?"

i cheesed and said "of course baby." i got dressed in a nude colored dress that had mad cutouts. i paired it with nude heels. since today i was having less pain and the bleeding had finally stopped. i still didn't feel comfortable having sex cause i'm scared of the discomfort ima feel. i just need the go ahead from my doctor.

i fixed my hair and he said "you look gorgeous."