chapter 16

february 14th, 2021
priscilla jean carter
i woke up and knew today was gon be hectic. i got into the shower and my hair and makeup lady was on their way to the hotel.

i got out and his mama was on her way here to help me get ready. we're having a non traditional wedding but still want little aspects of a traditional one in there. his mom wanted to do the whole something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue which i was more than happy to do. she came in before the stylists got there and sat with me giving me everything. she let me borrow her pearl necklace, she gave me new earrings to wear, for something old she gave me their family wedding coin to put in my bra, i laughed.

she said "their family has done it for years and the girls reaction is always the same. brings you good luck tho. also i didn't forget your something blue. this one i want you to keep in your cup closest to your heart."

it was a silver pin with a blue diamond in it shaped like an angel, it read something blue, to keep your angel baby with you. i felt tears forming and i was glad my makeup didn't get started yet. i said "mama t."

she pulled me in for a hug, she said "the both of you will and would've made great parents, remember things don't always happen in the timing we want them to, we are all on gods timing."

i said "thank you, it really means so much."

she said "it's no problem, daughter in law. i'm always here for you, are you hungry? i know you got to be starved."

i laughed and said " a bit," we ordered room service and the stylists arrived starting on my hair and makeup, my hair was pulled back in an up do while i had a natural glam beat with a natural glossy lip with a brown liner, i was in love.

i put on my first dress with the sleeves and all i loved it. i had white strappy heels to go up with this one. his mama said "alright now, you are so beautiful priscilla, my son lucked up."

i laughed and said "now you know he get his hood looks from you mama t that's how he got me."

she laughed and said "ya damn right!"

we finally made our way to the courthouse around 12. we went in with them and did everything signed our papers, read the vows and our first kiss. we did pictures after and tymere looked so nice in his cream suit with the green accents. i kissed on his lips multiple times in the picture and he said "happy valentines day to my beautiful wife."

i smiled wrapping my arms around him and said "happy valentine's day to my fine ass husband."

we finished our pictures and went to the hotel room so i could change my dress. i put on the next dress and my garter. the slit wasn't too high so it stayed on my leg with the slit. when i came out he said "not uhhhh, not mrs motherfucking townsend. you look too good."

i laughed kissing on his lips. we got into our car and they drove us to the reception area. it was mad cars and i was surprised i ain't know exactly how many people had all came. they announced for us to come in and i was shocked because all of his and my friends and family were there. i ain't think my family could make it coming from so far but they definitely stepped for us. i almost cried cause i was so happy. we did our first dance before sitting at the head table. people came by and said hello, finally my mama came up and i stood up wrapppng my arms around her. she said "you look so beautiful baby, im so glad your happy."