Informing Imperator

Copia eased into consciousness, his body stiff but not unpleasantly so. He yawns widely, reaching up to rub sleep from his eyes before he cracks them open.

Taking in the room in front of him he sees Sunshine sitting on the love seat, legs tucked under her with a mug in one hand, a book laying open on the arm rest as she reads. She looks up to him as he throws the blanket off and shifts to a sitting position.

"Good morning Cardinal!" She greets in her bubbly voice, a smile lighting up her face.

He rubs his face and yawns widely once more, nodding. "Buongiorno, Sunshine."

"Sleep well?" She asks, closing the book before bringing her mug up for a sip.

"Very well, actually. Though it will be nice to be back in my bed. Hopefully soon, eh?" He laughs as he stands, stretching his arms out above his head feeling his back pop in several places. He lowers his arms and rolls his shoulders and neck before pulling his arms across his chest one after the other as he stretches.

"What about you, Sunshine? How did you fare on the loveseat?"

"I slept quite well actually. Even with your snoring," she teases him with a giggle.

His mouth drops open in mock horror and he presses a hand to his chest as if offended. "Ehm scusami! But I do not snore!"

Sunshine laughs openly, her shoulders shaking, eyes squinting from her wide smile as she grips her mug so as to not spill its contents. He breaks and joins her joyful laughter, wiping at his eye.

"Coffee is still hot," she says with lingering mirth. "Want me to fix you a mug?"

"You don't have to, but I wouldn't deny a little kickstart this morning. At least there is no Dew to chug it on us," he laughs again recalling the previous morning, watching her move from her spot.

"He wouldn't be Dew if he didn't do things like that," she calls from the kitchen area, quickly pouring coffee and creamer into a large mug.

"Si, that is true," Copia says through another yawn as he continues to stretch.

Sunshine pads lightly over to him, handing him the warm mug. He thanks her and takes a long drink, savoring the sweetened coffee as it warms him.

"Grazie, Sunshine. Do you happen to know the time?" He asks taking another sip.

"It's about quarter past nine," she answers. His eyes widen and he sputters, choking on his sip.

"Ehh? Scusi?" He coughs and wipes dribbles of the brew from his chin. "Cazzo that is not good! I'm late for work!"

He thrusts his mug back into her hands and runs off into the bedroom, quickly pulling fresh clothes from his wardrobe, stripping his pajamas off in a panicked rush.

"Easy, Boss. We took care of it for you," Aether tells him calmly from his chair next to Annie, a book open on his lap. "We've diverted your paperwork to other Cardinals. You're cleared for the day, aside from the meeting with Imperator."

"You -oof!" Copia stumbles in his rush pulling his tight pants up. "You did that for me?"

Sunshine blushes lightly as she freezes mid step in the doorway, eyes trailing over his partially dressed form; she'd never seen him this undressed before.

He stands there, pants low and barely hanging onto his hips, shirt unbuttoned to reveal his surprisingly robust form. Her eyes trailed over his chest, noticing a sparse scatter of light hair and a glimpse of a tattoo on his left pectoral behind his open shirt before they glided farther down. Even with the slight pudge in his waist he looked good.