Introductions

"Fire essence," Dew begins to explain with a tired chuckle, "always lingers in burns. I took back some of that essence back to heal her, and she had a lot in her burns. Had to expel it from myself somehow."

"We healed them better than I thought we would," Aether says softly as he picks up a couple thick rolls of bandaging and a tube of burn ointment before sitting on the edge of the bed once more.

Copia gives a small nod before joining him. "You've both done wonderfully. Now, let me help. It'll get done faster with the two of us. Tell me what you need me to do."

Aether nods gratefully and directs him through the process of applying the cream before properly wrapping and binding the long strip of bandages. Between the two of them they tended both legs quickly. Copia untucks the blanket and covers her lower half once more, his gaze sliding over her stitched back before looking at her face, smiling softly when he sees she's starting to regain some color.

"We've done about all we can at the moment," Aether tells him as he cleans up the rest of the supplies, stepping over the now unconscious Dew who's still laying on the floor to pull a chair bedside.

Copia steps back and pulls his cassock off before throwing it in his hamper; He has on his black form fitting suit underneath. Stepping over Dew himself he walks into the bathroom sink, washing his hands then his face, scrubbing off his smudged and faded cardinal paint. Drying his hands he studies his reflection. He was exhausted. Mentally and physically. And it stared back at him through the mirror.

A low rumble sounds and he rubs his hand over his stomach. He'd forgotten to eat today and he was feeling it now that the adrenaline wore off. With the women's wounds treated it was time to tend to himself.

He steps over Dew again and makes his way to the main room, turning to his kitchenette intending to find something to snack on. He pauses slightly and his lips twitch at the corners in a soft grin as he finds a tray with sandwiches and sweets placed on the counter next to the small stove that held a pot of soup, a fire set to low under it to keep the contents warm. Brought back by Swiss, he figures as he grabs a napkin and a sandwich before grabbing a bottle of water from the mini fridge.

He rounds the sitting area and lowers himself into the free chair next to Cumulus and eagerly tucks into his sandwich. He can't help but sigh a moan with the first bite. Ham and provolone with lettuce and mustard on a firm honey wheat bread. Simple, but delicious.

"How's she doing, Boss?" Swiss asks from his spot on the love seat, sipping at a steaming mug.

"Better," Copia replies after swallowing his bite. "But not out of the woods yet."

"The others wanted to come back with me, but I told them to wait."

Copia nods, taking a deep drink from his water. "Thank you Swiss. Introducing more Ghouls right now would overwhelm her," he points towards the sofa.

Swiss nods and sips at his mug again and looks into the fire. As he finishes his sandwich, Copia looks around the warm room. Cumulus is dozing lightly in the chair next to him. Mountain sits cross legged against the larger sofa, watching the small woman sleeping on the outside edge of the cushion like a guard dog. He notes her IV had been removed at some point and the blanket pulled up to cover her more.

Placing his bottle and napkin on the table he leans back into the chair. Shifting to a more comfortable position before leaning his head back, allowing his eyes to close.

Belly full and warned by the dancing fire, he feels himself relax and starts to drift towards slumber until a soft whimper sounds and he sits up quickly, his mind snapping to full alert. Cumulus rouses from her seat next to him and sits up more.