The Dignity of a Bad Guy

" 'Have some dignity' he says! Oh, don't make me laugh-" He finished with a growl. "Where was your dignity when you struck that interesting little deal with our dear mister Mayor?"

The platinum blonde hero, buff in every way, balked at him, but he plowed onwards.

"Oh, perhaps that was your dignity talking. Hm... Now, how about that prostitute you had so righteously brutalized after you discovered she had been fucking your wife?" He paused, allowing the information to sink in while watching Hermes look around at the other heroes pleadingly.

His begging words were muffled by Caspian's next question.

"Where was your dignity in hurting a woman, messenger?"

He floundered for words, desperation and fury battling behind golden eyes.

"I would never-" He began, the slightest tremble in his voice. Caspian couldn't tell if it was the product of a fear of losing everything, or from the fury that boiled in his veins.

"But you did."

Polaroid photos fluttered to the ground between the heroes and the talkative, ever confident, villain. The three leaned over them, peering down at the violent images they portrayed.

All had a large, blurred figure in the stages of manhandling a woman. But there was one in particular that was the clearest.

A familiar, masked blonde hunched over the beaten and broken body of a woman that had been found dead only a few days ago. His hands, gloved in white cloth, were dyed red and brown by the blood of his victim.

"That's... That's not-"

Hermes' companions lifted their heads, petrified at what their friend had done. Hermes just leveled a flesh-rotting glare on Caspian, who was smiling with gleeful amusement.

"Never talk to me about dignity, Hermes. I own up to my crimes, and that... That is a sure sign my dignity is quite intact." He paused thoughtfully, adjusting his velvety cape. "...Or I've simply gone mad," he giggled.

"You'll pay for this, street rat." Hermes hissed, eyes glowing with the delectable power that writhed and wriggled beneath his skin.

Caspian pursed his lips, his giggles deepening a few octaves, shifting into chuckles that were anything but a nervous or intimidated reaction.

"Will I?"