Oh My, What A Conundrum!

Heads up! Implied death. :)

<><><><>

Another body dropped to the ground, the resounding thud going unnoticed by the winged being. Her mind was solely focused on ending at least a third of the population in the AU she'd travelled to. 

Canary hadn't come here seeking to murder innocent souls. She'd only come in search of peace. But a sudden surge of rage spiked within her, setting her into motion. The woman became a whirlwind of fire and metal, cutting through anything, and anyone, she came upon. 

This was a different episode, spurred on by the darker parts of she and her companions. It was rarer than the more common overload of emotions, but it was considered an episode, nonetheless. She'd wanted to avoid ever doing this around her friend, as she was never in her right mind when such a blaring red seeped into her vision. 

Splatters of blood decorated her normally semi-tidy appearance, and her wild hair was frayed and frizzy, giving her an almost feral look. Her multicolored eyes were bright with hunger, but not for sustenance. For violence.

Flames rose up around her, whipping aggressively in a portrayal of her emotions.

"You can run~!" She called, her voice straining as it was pitched higher than usual. "But you can't hide from me forever!"

You're even messier than me when your crazy shows, Reaper mumbled from the dark recesses of her mind.

You aren't helping, Angel replied.

Canary ignored them, tapping the end of her flaming polearm- some small part of her wanted to see how it would feel -against the pavement. It clanged against the stone, as though it were truly made of steel, rather than fire. Her patience was wearing thin, as was her sanity, not that she had any at the moment.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are~" she said in a sing-songy way. "I promise to make it quick."

A shadow spilled over her, and she peered upwards. A massive body was descending upon her from above. An alligator monster, which she assumed was a part of the guard. She danced out from underneath him, twisting just as he landed hard. His maw was split, rows of sharp chunky teeth on display. His yellowed eyes watched her with a predator's intent.

"You will go no further," his baritone voice growled.

"Finally! A challenge." 

Oh man, I can't wait to watch this play out.

You're an absolute imbecile.

But you love meeee~

<><><><>

The fight had dragged on for roughly around an hour, the buildings around them taking the brunt of the damage. But finally, after the constant exchange of blows and displays of power, a victor emerged. 

The gator fell to his knees, large chest heaving as his body quivered from the force of the blow he'd just taken.

Canary was panting through her teeth, partially hunched over. "Do you yield?"

"I will never yield," he grit out. 

The hunger for blood was slowly draining from her veins, being replaced by exhaustion.

"Good. Let's finish this some other time, then."

"There won't be another time." The gator was struggling to get back onto his feet, jagged claws bared and ready to exchange more blows. But he was weak, and he was injured. He wouldn't last much longer against her.

"There will be." The conviction with which she said that had him shuddering. He hoped he wouldn't run into this deranged woman again. For his people's sake.

Canary let's go. He might get ideas, Reaper urged. We need to rest. We're tired.

She nodded resolutely, turning on her heel. Her flames flickered out as she vanished, leaving behind only a few embers, which floated lazily in the breeze.

<><><><>

Canary regretted her actions heavily, guilt causing her to lock herself away in her dusty old home for the rest of the week. She was too afraid to leave; too afraid to hurt another person of her own volition.

<><><><>

A/N: she cri :c

also i am tired and ran out of fuel towards the end. excuse the rickety mess of laziness.