Down With the Fallen

A/N: More non-canon shit. Please enjoy this very short story <3

<><><><>

The giant had made no errors in her uncalculated movements. She'd done everything just as she usually would.

And yet, the claymore clattering to the ground, her body going with it, proved otherwise. There had to have been something she'd done wrong, some step she missed in their little dance. Her opponent, thankfully, hadn't been left unscathed. The gruesome creature was missing one of its limbs and had long gashes carved into its pale flesh.

How it was still standing on its three other limbs was unknown to her.

A few other bodies lay around the pair, having been cut down by the muscled woman.

She grunted, trying to force her way back onto her feet, or at least onto her knees. The handle of her claymore wasn't far at all.

Just as she managed to lift her heavy body upwards, an even heavier weight shoved her into the ground. Sharp fingers dug into her shoulder, causing her to hiss in agitation.

It was clear to her that she might not make it out of this mess alive. That the possibility that her life would be torn from her stubborn fingers was bigger than the possibility of getting home alive.

And she accepted that. It would serve her no use to be in denial of that one simple fact.

But that didn't mean she wouldn't put up a fight. She would give this thing Hell until her very last breath.

So she fought back.

If not for purely spiteful reasons, then for the lover that expected her to be home for dinner.

And Titan will be home for dinner.

In what form depends on this moment, and this moment alone.