Curiouser and Curiouser

"What... Is that?" Cornu's gruff voice sounded, startling Shane out of his light reading. He looked up to find the creature pointing a sharp finger at the television, which showed a man and a woman sharing a kiss. 

He rubbed his nose. "It's a kiss."

"What is... A..." It lowered its hand, teeth catching the light from the TV as it opened and closed its mouth.

"Kiss," he finished for it patiently. "It's a gesture couples share to convey affection for each other," he mumbled, eyes flicking back down to his book.

"What is a cup...Pull?" It's pronunciation of the word was pretty decent for a first go, and he gave a hum of approval that had it puffing up with pride.

"Two people that love each other and wanted to slap a title on it. Although, I guess there are polyamorous relationships, so it's not reserved for just couples..." He also thought the French greeted others with pecks on the cheeks, but he wasn't so sure.

The silence from his roommate signified the end of the questions, and therefore, the conversation. He flipped the page of his book, the soft muttering from the TV droned on in the background, almost becoming static as his mind focused on processing the ink typed onto the paper.

Well, he'd thought that the conversation was over. He didn't realize that the silence was contemplative, rather than conclusive.

He wrote off the floor creaking under a heavy body as nothing more than Cornu shifting its weight around to get more comfortable. The sound of an armored limb dragging and scraping against the ground had him lifting his head again, though. Shane was startled to find it so close to him, yellow eyes that he so often compared to a ripe lemon watching him curiously.

"...What?"

"Can I try?" It rumbled in question.

"Go for it, chief." Did it want to try reading? Sitting on the couch? Messing with the controller? He wasn't sure what it meant, but he wouldn't question it. He'd found out the hard way that it was easier to just let it satisfy its curiosity without bombarding it with questions.

What he didn't expect was for it to reach for his face. He almost flinched away from the hands that could easily break his spine in half, but the gentleness behind the fingers lightly caressing his cheekbone before cupping that cheek had him pausing. 

It couldn't have possibly meant...?

Could it...?

Cornu's fingers were long enough to curl around the side of his head, the tips pressing against the back of his cranium lightly. His gray-blue eyes were unblinking as he watched it carefully. Should he stop this before it went too far? Did he want whatever it was about to do?

Did he not want it?

Confusion and contentment battled it out, his heart hissing at the two to zip it, sit down, and watch. 

It, just as gently, nudged his head towards it while it leaned forwards. Its other hand came up to prop itself up against the couch cushion just beside his head. He suddenly found himself in such a cliche position that it almost made him cackle. Gods, he should have left the cooking channel on instead of all these dramatic, cheesy romance films.

Cornu tilted its head, pausing mere inches away from him. It was so close now, their noses were barely touching, and the air between them became taut with anticipation. From whom, he wasn't sure. Maybe both of them. 

"If you wanted to satisfy your weird needs-" He started a bit breathlessly but was cut off by it swooping in to close the gap. 

He immediately noticed two things as his eyes fluttered closed.

One, it wasn't, by any means, an expert kisser. An apprentice, at best. But it wasn't too bad as its mouth moved against his. How it knew what to do from watching the brief scene on the television was beyond his comprehension, but he threw that to the side for later questioning. Surprisingly enough, it managed to keep from nicking his lip with its sharp ass teeth, too. That was good. He didn't need to send it into a fit of bloodlust while they were so close.

The second thing he noticed was how much he was actually enjoying it. If someone told him months ago, nearly a year now, that he would be sharing a kiss with a being from another world, apparently known by its kind for being a cruel ruler, he would have laughed. Then cried, because he'd assume it was because he hadn't gotten a single bitch in eons. 

But no. He'd just... Slowly grew fond of Cornu. He didn't know when it started; maybe around the time their routine began to feel like a new norm. Shane didn't mind at all, though. He was perfectly fine with this.

The moment didn't last long, maybe a few seconds, but it felt like an eternity before it separated from him. There was a puff of air that warmed his face as its eyes scanned him and the scarlet that bled across his features.

And then it was returning to its spot on the floor, attention back on the television. The chill left in its wake had him shuddering. His mind was still reeling from the kiss, he could barely process the fact that Cornu was snickering softly at his slack expression riddled with shock.

...He was going to have to hide the particularly raunchy movies from his roommate if he wanted to survive the time they spent together.