:)

POV: You asked Crypt on a date for shits and giggles, and they took you seriously because they sometimes don't understand jokes.

<><><><>

You questioned, for the fifteenth time this night, how you ended up here.

You were sat in a fancy restaurant, dressed in your fanciest clothes (which had been thrown on in a panic), surrounded by fancy people. Across from you, wearing a pair of black-tinted shades, was Death Itself.

Unlike your decision to "go fancy or go home" (you really wanted to go home), they had picked out comfortably sophisticated clothing. A simple, faded-tan turtleneck with a pair of black suit pants. Their hat was missing, but their wavy, night-black hair stayed the same.

They appeared almost normal. Almost human.

At least, they would have, if the large, bony appendages that rested behind them didn't make them stick out like a sore thumb. Eyes bore into the strange pair.

You, a regular human; Crypt, an odd being with bones protruding from their back.

You fidgeted in your seat, looking anywhere but at Crypt. You had only been joking when you'd asked them out, but you hadn't thought they would take you seriously.

"H-How, uh- How can I help you this... Evening?" The waitress inquired, eyeing Crypt warily.

"I believe we may need a minute longer to decide," they answered curtly. They spoke politely; always did.

She nodded and walked swiftly away.

Silence fell over you both once more. The ageless being perused the menu, gaze occasionally flicking up to the foolish human- you -that was doing such a poor job at courting them.

Low chuckles drew your attention back to them.

"Ehm- What's so funny?" Was your voice squeakier than normal? You couldn't tell. Maybe your nerves were making you hear things.

"You seem so nervous, dear." They leveled a teasing smile on you. "I won't bite."

That sounded like a lead-up into some sort of horribly worded, dirty flirt. You cringed inwardly, preparing yourself for it.

But it never came.

"Was that ah- 'saying' no appropriately used?" They seemed genuinely worried that they may have offended you. You hardly saw reason to worry any further. How could they flirt with you if they still struggle with understanding the modern-day way of speaking?

"No, no!" You started, just barely clamping down on the urge to throw yourself across the table in order to console them. "You used it right."

"Oh, wonderful!" They clapped their hands together, startling both yourself and a few nearby patrons.

You slowly grew a bit more comfortable with them over time, dinner running smoother than you expected it to (the poor waitress looked like she would bolt every time Crypt spoke). You chatted about your shared interests and listened to them talk fondly about their... "Children," or the other Deaths (you learned that there were four of them in total, and that they were like siblings to one another). They listened to you talk about your family, and crack horribly cheesy jokes.

Soon enough, time had flown by, and dinner had come to an end. You offered to settle the bill, but Crypt decided to fight you on it.

"Please? It's only fair, since I'd asked you to come..." You tried to hold your ground, but they just didn't seem to want to budge.