The Agreement (WiP P.3)

West was dead?

They'd received the news from Void, who hadn't looked to be in one piece in the slightest. It had been a mere blob of... Shadow, still regrowing its limbs, when it had told them one of their "friends" was gone.

They didn't miss the guilt that its words were coated in, but they didn't question it, either. They had places to be.

Angel knew where to take them.

A pale ring of light curled around them, and they prepped their wings for the dive they were about to take. Void, uncharacteristically, called out to them.

"Think, bird. Don't do this alone." It said, its tone oddly pleading.

But Canary couldn't think. She couldn't pick apart her thoughts from Angel's or Reaper's. But despite that, all of those jumbled thoughts seemed to align perfectly. The voice that came from her didn't belong to either of them, though, and she was aware enough to realize that.

"I'm Not Alone," The winged being said.

Void had never met this one. This is a new creature to them. It was not the cranky, reckless Reaper that couldn't take anything serious. It wasn't the calm, gathered Angel that took things too seriously. Nor was it the tender-hearted, slightly guarded Canary that tried too hard to keep her friends close.

This creature was something entirely different. Its irises were a solid black, the pupil's a rippling, emerald, green. No... It was violet. Now it was blue. Void had to look away, the constant changing giving it a headache. 

It, instead, shrunk away from the ring of light that surrounded the unnamed being as its glow intensified. 

The being stood silently for a moment longer before disappearing into the night.

Void could do nothing but pray, but it wasn't praying for the creature it had just spoken to.

<><><><>

Sunshine flooded their eyes, and the wind tore at them as they fell. The looming spires of the pale stone palace were quickly approaching. Their ashen gray wings beat against the air as they picked up speed, matching hair whipping behind them in a lengthy and thick braid that was in the process of coming undone.

The air heated around them as mock claws began to form around their hands, the pale silver, not blue, flames curling up along their elbows, and ending at their upper biceps. They pulled their arms up in front of them, crossed to keep their face protected, as they released an animalistic scream that sounded as though there were multiple people screaming at once.

Then they were crashing through the palace, much like a meteor might barrel through a building made of hay. They were going down, down, down... And when they met resistance, they slammed their fists wreathed in flames into the ground and forced their way down.

Shouts and startled cries could be heard above them, around them, below them, and it only fueled their insatiable rage even further. Nothing could put a stop to their path of destruction. When they finally reached the ground level, they were met with fearful pink eyes. The being's chest was heaving with the gulps of air they swallowed greedily, and steam rolled off of them. Scratches of all sizes littered their body. 

They stared at the pink eyed doe that stood in their way. A snarl tore from them, but the crackling of stone breaking away from the ceiling cut them off. Every part of them knew that the young woman before them, with the mess of brown hair tied back into a ponytail, didn't deserve to be crushed by the chunk of ceiling that was hurtling towards her. They leapt forwards, hand reaching towards her. She didn't move, she didn't flinch away, she was frozen in place by her fear.

Good. That made things easier.

Their claws grazed her wrist before latching onto it, and they dragged the woman against their chest, wrapping their large wings around her. A dome of flames lit up around them, just in time. The stone fell against the barrier, making the dome shudder before it slid to the ground, tumbling to pieces.

The flames fell, and the being released the little angel. They didn't stick around long enough to hear the warbled 'thank you' she whispered. Instead, they were tearing through the halls, making their way towards the throne room. They knew he would be there. 

When they had finished crashing through the halls, and had reached the large throne room, crazed laughter bubbled up and from between their lips, which were hidden by their half-mask. Winged guards surrounded the throne, all armed to the teeth, all bearing their weapons at them. Standing beside the throne was Lord Aaron in all his glory. The halos that were spread across the room had their head spinning from the amount of hatred that boiled within them.

They were going to tear this kingdom down with their own claws.

Starting with the ruler of these sinners.

Their laughter came to a sudden halt as they hooked a sharp claw in Aaron's direction. 

"You." 

He opened his mouth to speak, but they cut him off.

"You call yourself a god." 

There was uncomfortable shuffling from the sea of guards before them.

"But I don't think you're a god."

They tilted their head, eye twitching as silver flames rose up behind them. A mock halo bloomed to life above their head as they stared down the lordling.

"You're just a pathetic little child throwing a tantrum."

Silence followed their words as they waited for anyone to speak up. But no one spoke, so they continued.

"Fortunately," they dropped their arm, straightening back up. "I know how to get a child to behave." 

They didn't leave any room for responses before they sent themself barreling through the line of armor and feather, shielding themself from any oncoming attacks via the flames that curled around them. They did take damage, but they were far too gone to let it be a hindrance to them. 

Aaron's eyes widened with honest-to-God fear, which made their mouth curl into a wicked smile. They could feel the slightest bit of drowsiness trying to worm its way through their mental barriers, but they shook it off with a snarl.

The being had Aaron pinned to the back of the throne within seconds, the tips of their claws embedded in the glorified chair.

"You took something from me," three voices whispered together.

With their free hand, they reached up to gently remove their mask. They leaned forwards, Aaron trying to lean as far back as he could, but the throne making that impossible. Their lips brushed against his as their smile shifted to something vulpine. 

"Now..." They started, "I will take everything from you." 

Shouts sounded out as the world turned white, and the ground rocked beneath their feet.