One, But Not Quite the Same

The first time it had happened, they'd been in near-complete disarray. Their mind was racing with jumbled thoughts, and their limbs moved without their blessing, as though piloted by multiple different beings with different wants or needs.

Strands of their gray hair tumbled into view as their head dipped, and their brows drew together in confusion. Their hands lifted slightly, fingers flexing one at a time, as though they weren't entirely sure if they were in control of themself.

"Okay?" They questioned. "Okay. Yes. Okay." Their words even seemed jumbled. "Wait. No. Yes. What?"

A strange noise, a mixture between a confused hum and a nervous giggle, escaped them. They streatched their wings, looking up just in time to catch the ash-colored feathers.

"Questions," they muttered. "There? Are you... There? Same. Same?"

The being, who's unique eyes couldn't seem to pick a color to settle on, reached to brush a hand against one of the smaller feathered limbs, said wing twitching upon contact.

"Still here. I'm... We? Here." They blinked a few times before running a hand through their hair in a mildly stressed manner. As though breaking whatever spell that had fallen upon them, color began to bleed back into their hair, wings, and eyes.

Canary looked around, face screwed up in confusion and concern. "What... Happened? What did we just do?"

I don't know, came Reaper's slow reply.

I believe we may have discovered something new... Angel added helpfully.

Her eye twitched, but not from any feelings of aggression or irritation. She was suddenly feeling exhausted, a heavy weight settling on her shoulders, leaving her to sag.

"Whatever we just discovered... Is making me tired," she mumbled before falling flat on her stomach, her limbs akimbo.

She figured the ground looked, and felt, mighty comfortable. She might as well take a nap here, and she really couldn't care less if anyone saw her starfished form. Reaper was snickering, and the last thing she heard was the hissed 'quiet' from Angel before sleep tugged her downwards into a dreamless rest.