Villainous... Despicably Villainous

"Why are you so... Evil!? You could do so much good-!"

The hero was cut off by the crowing laughter of the masked villain stood a little ways away from her.

"Oh, so naïve," he breathed through his laughter. "This is what they're teaching the younger generation?"

Another weak attack was parried with the swipe of a hand, and the hero hissed through gritted teeth.

"They didn't deserve to die!" She cried.

He threw his arms out in a way that resembled a showman welcoming his audience just before the performance begun.

"Look around you, Burnout. The world is imploding on itself, and- Hah!" He paused to chuckle. "Little specks of dust like you are killing each other without my help already."

Before she could say anything else, he continued after a moment of pause. He dropped his arms, fixing his unique magenta-fading-to-green eyes on her pathetic, latex-covered form.

"No. They didn't deserve to die," he agreed. "But we all die sooner or later, don't we? Consider this as... Helping them along." He knew his mind was twisted, and that his actions were despicable, but he loved it.

"..." The hero didn't respond to his words. She wore a horrified and disgusted expression on her face, which was only partially covered by an orange and yellow mask mask.

Caspian took this time to brush his white hair back with his fingers. Unfortunately, the strands only flopped back down in front of his face, causing him to give a resigned sigh.

"As much as I do so enjoy talking to goodie-goodies-" This was said with heavy sarcasm. "-I really should be on my way. I have things to do, and lessons to share with others! Send my love to the rest of your kind, sunshine~"

'Your kind.' As though the heroes of this broken little city were a separate species all together. As though he hated them enough to put that division up between the strong, yet weak-minded beings sitting on their high horses with their high expectations, and the civilian-rodents that cowered and scraped through the darkened allies of the city.

And he did, despite having invited half of them into his bed.

...Or a bed. He would never invite someone into his home, or show them his face, unless he were putting an end to their miserable and short lives.

"You can't just-!" Burnout started, once again cut off by Caspian's smooth, baritone voice.

"Yes. Yes, I can."

And he disappeared up the nearest drain pipe within the blink of an eye, vanishing into the night.

Burnout swiftly moved to follow him, but he was already gone.