Cut Out Heart

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Alright, thanks, Hotch. If you have time can you check in on Danika. I'm worried about her, man." I ask.

"Yeah, I was planning on it." He says and then hangs up.

We get back to the precinct when another woman goes missing. We watch a video of a kid going up to the victim. I figure out that the unsub might actually be using his own kid to lure the women. I call Hotch again and get him up to speed on what's going on.

Danika's POV:
A knock on my door disrupts me from drinking my fifth drink and rereading the letter that Gideon left me. I put the letter away again and head towards the door. I look in the peephole and sigh when I see Hotch standing there.

I open the door and he has a determined look on his face.

"Didn't you hear? We're supposed to be suspended." I mutter and leave the door open so he can come in.

"The team needs us. Gideon hasn't shown up and Strauss isn't doing anyone any favors." Hotch explains as he walks over and sees the multiple empty bottles on the table.

"Strauss is out in the field?" I scoff, taking another sip and he nods.

"Well, I don't know if I'm in much shape to be on the job." I state and point to the bottles.

"I'll tell you what, if you really don't want to go see Strauss struggle out on the field, I'll leave you alone to finish your drinks. But if you do want to watch her possibly make a fool out of herself, I have your extra go-bag in my car and we can head out now, get some coffee to sober you up." He offers and I narrow my eyes, knowing what he's trying to do.

"I thought I was supposed to, what was the phrase you always use...respect my boss." I counter with a small smirk and he chuckles.

"That's what I usually say, yes." He agrees.

"But, just this once I want to let you prove her wrong. She thinks she's qualified to be out on the field." He explains.

"And you disagree." I state and he sighs but nods.

"Too bad I don't have my gun and badge." I sigh as I walk over to the wall.

"Those are only hardware." Hotch counters and I go over and punch the wall, then grab the extra gun I stored in there.

"True, but they sure fucking help." I chuckle and he just stares at me with a smirk as he shakes his head.

"I wish I could say I was surprised." He scoffs.

"Well, I just made popcorn to watch a movie. Guess watching Strauss fall on her ass will be entertainment enough." I state as I walk over to the microwave and get the popcorn bag.

Hotch chuckles and shakes his head and opens the door for me. We get to his car and it's quiet for the first few minutes of the car ride.

"What's up?" I ask knowing something's wrong.

"Haley...she didn't want me to leave. I was planning on transferring to a different department but..." He starts saying and then stops.

"But what?" I ask.

"Then Morgan called me I knew it wasn't just a job. It's who I am." He admits out loud.