And the door of the medical center was full of sick and weak people, holding on to the door frame, exhausting all their blood and shouting: "Miss, if you don't want to keep me, I have nothing to do, you are right, I For such a humble person, to die in such a bleak winter where no one cares about him is already the best place to go."

    Not a single sentence mentions the incident of accidentally hurting him that day, but every sentence speaks of her misfortune that day. fault.

    Xu Nian didn't seem to hear, and kept walking.

    Qi Chu lowered his eyes, and seemed to be disappointed and said: "How dare I extravagantly ask Miss to trouble you again, I have overstepped the limit."

    His voice gradually weakened, as if he was disheartened and completely abandoned himself.

    Xu Nian had already gotten into the carriage, she didn't seem to have heard these words, so she only let the coachman get up.

    Lian Tang quietly lifted the curtain and took a look, but he was still at the door watching them leave.

    She glanced at her young lady again. The young lady was sitting upright, but her eyes were lowered, covering all the emotions in her eyes.

    Unable to hold back her doubts, Liantang still asked: "Second Miss, this servant always feels that since you fell into the water, you are not as happy as before."

    Are you not as happy as before?

    If she hadn't had those things in her previous life, she would have grown up carefree at the age of sixteen. She had nothing to worry about, nothing to worry about, and just cared about her own happiness.

    Unfortunately not anymore.

    Xu Nian lowered his eyes, smiled silently, and didn't explain, just thinking it was an insignificant matter.

    But at this time, the eyes of the people in the medical hall calmed down, and turned into a deep blackness again.

    Unexpectedly, he was not soft-hearted, but it was beyond his expectation.

    But it doesn't matter, the prey he is eyeing has never escaped.

    When Xu Nian came home, he happened to be talking to his wife when he passed by the front hall.

    "You said that in such a big weir, you want to find a runaway beast slave, and you don't know his appearance. Isn't this looking for a needle in a haystack and deliberately making things difficult for others."

    "My husband has been worrying about this for the past few days?" Handed him hot tea.

    "This envoy from a foreign country is coming in a menacing manner. Ever since he knew he was about to visit, there have been countless voices of opposition from the court every day, but His Majesty agreed wholeheartedly and responded to his requests. I guessed that they would not go back so easily. Maybe they ran away. They let the people go away by themselves, just to find a reason to attack Yandu."

    When Xu Guogong talked about the trouble, he sighed: "Now I have to find people, otherwise I will let Yandu give them An explanation, what do you call this!"

    Mrs. Xu knew very little about the court affairs, but she frowned, "They really have the guts to embarrass Your Majesty."

    Putting down the teacup, Duke Xu pulled it over. Madam's hand, "Several countries around us are staring at us, and we can fight instinctively, but we haven't fought again for three years. The land we paid for and the former prince sent by His Majesty, you know that this foreign country will bring us from Yandu this time." What are you going to do?"

    The wild goose plucks the feathers, they retreat again and again, they will only get the other side's gains, but now His Majesty refuses to relax and discuss the war, so compromising, when the appetite of the wolves is fed, sooner or later there will be a catastrophe.

    Mrs. Xu couldn't guess and shook her head.

    "They want to ask for a princess to be their sixty-eight-year-old old monarch's concubine!"

    Xu Guogong said with grief and indignation. From ancient times to the present, it has never been so hard to let a foreign country ask for it. .

    It's a joke in the world!

    "Your Majesty has no princess under his knees, and the Chen family is not in proper care. In order to atone for his sins, His Majesty appointed the daughter of the Chen family, Chen Ning, as Princess Wen'an, and she will go on the road with foreign envoys to get married on a certain day."

    Xu Nian clenched his hands tightly . Yes, she was naive, as long as the banquet was ruined, she would give up on the business of getting married.

    But now the guilt falls on someone else.

    Although she didn't like Chen Ning, she wasn't vicious enough to ask her to suffer for her elder sister.

    Her elder sister stayed in the military camp since she was a child, and she escaped from the hands of Hades only after her appearance was destroyed. If it was Chen Ning, the consequences would be even more dire.

    She had actually thought about letting Father prepare early, but there was no basis for this. If they prepared well at the accident site, if the foreign country knew about it, they would accuse them of impure thoughts and intend to set up an ambush to strangle the envoy.

    It's too easy to make mistakes, so Xu Nian gave up this path from the beginning.

    Not to mention Chen Ning, the people in the surrounding Zhuangzi are all innocent, and the massacre should not be directed at them.

    Since Xu Nian knew about this matter, he couldn't ignore it with peace of mind.

    What should I do?

    Just when she was so annoyed that she couldn't find a solution, someone came to inform the old lady of the Chen family to see her again.

    Xu Nian quietly hid himself, waiting for the old man of the Chen family to enter, and then stood upright by the window and listened to the corner of the wall.

    The old man of the Chen family actually brought something to the door this time, which Xu Nian did not expect.

    There was no shrewd and strong look on his face that day, and he could vaguely see a bit of embarrassment.

    He didn't show such an expression when he learned that his grandchildren almost drowned her. What are you doing here today?

    Knowing that she almost drowned her, she regretted her conscience and apologized?

    Xu Nian frowned slightly and continued to eavesdrop.

    Even after drinking two bowls of tea, the old man of the Chen family finally said the words stuck in his throat: "Duke, Your Majesty insists that I send my granddaughter to a foreign country. As you know, I am just such a granddaughter. This is really... "

    Even he himself found it difficult to say the following words.

    He could only lower his eyebrows and lower his eyes, his forehead was covered with sweat, and his eyes were all dodging.

    He hesitated for a long time with dry mouth and tongue, and said with difficulty: "I have only one granddaughter who has stepped into the coffin with half of my foot. I really can't let go."

    "The Duke has two daughters. I heard that the eldest daughter I have been with men in the military camp all year round, but now it has passed the flowering period but no one is asking for marriage, and I am still in my boudoir, this time the foreign marriage proposal is a good opportunity, maybe it is the marriage that is destined for your love."

    "Maybe our two families exchange ? Let your daughter go to get married. My eldest and your eldest daughter had a marriage contract before, but the two of them have no destiny as husband and wife. The daughter of the family is married to Qin and Jin, so you can be regarded as having sons and daughters, and you will enjoy family happiness in the future."

    Xu Guogong looked at him in shock.

    Outside, Xu Nian was dumbfounded: "...?"