Gilded Invitation

Youyan Pass became unprecedentedly agitated.

Very many people felt a trepidation that came just before the arrival of a disaster. This was especially so as more and more Jianghu people arrived to the Pass. There were even times, that the army and the Jianghu people would have conflict with each other, and with fights breaking out within the city. Even the internal structure of the Jianghu people were not absolutely united. Different sects had different motives and schemes. There were some sects that originally had enmities between them and they brought these grudges along with them to Youyan Pass.

Using the light of blades and the shadow of swords to describe this period of time in Youyan Pass was absolutely perfect.

The disciplines and rigid rules that the Youyan army had taken so long to establish, seemed as if it was about to be broken by something.

In these days, Ye Qingyu spent the large majority of his time within the White Horse tower. Apart from trying to erase that strange drop of blood in his palm earlier, he spent the rest of his time understanding and investigating the contents of the [Pill mantra]. He was also accustoming himself to the increase in energy within his body. Ye Qingyu was not in a hurry to refine the little piece of Origin crystal that was left down.

Of course, Ye Qingyu was also concerned with the developments in the city.

There were even two or three times, that there were people with blind eyes that came to incite trouble at the White Horse tower. Bai Yuanxing scolded and chased them away, holding Ye Qingyu’s military seal. As the saying goes, the fame of a person is like the shadow of a tree. Ye Qingyu was after all a Marquis that had been titled by the Empire through his contributions. He only exhibited his claws and fangs, and this bunch of Jianghu people did not dare provoke him anymore.

But the problem was, even the White Horse tower experienced such confrontations. One could imagine, just how chaotic the other places of the city were.

In these days, when Mother Wu went to purchase food, she would also tremble and quiver slightly.

Ye Qingyu thought it over for a while, then told Mother Wu to just bring her entire family to stay within White Horse tower so she could look after them. After all, apart from the four levels of the White Horse tower, there were also some courtyards and space that were completely empty. If there were some people inhabiting here, it would be better than the lonely state right now. The Ye Qingyu who had come from a poor district, preferred the huster and buster of the streets and alleys.

Mother Wu’s family naturally thanked him for his grace, quickly rushing to move in overnight.

Ye Qingyu originally still wanted to head towards the Vanguard to find the little brother of the armoured sentry. But it was a pity that Liu Zongyuan and Wen Wan were completely busy these days, with rarely any free time available. Without the aid of mad tiger Wen, if Ye Qingyu went by himself in search for him, he would not find him anytime soon. Therefore, he could only wait patiently for a couple more days.

From the news coming from all channels, the piece of information that made the mood of everyone grave, was that the Youyan War God Lu Zhaoge did not appear in the first great meeting of the Spring time offence of the Youyan army. The people that were originally worried about his injuries, became even more and more anxious.

In these tens of years, this was the first time that the War God of Youyan Pass had not attended such an important military discussion.

From all sorts of signs, the injuries that Lu Zhaoge suffered, was most likely not as light as the most optimistic estimates were. Furthermore, there were constantly strange rumours that travelled out. The surface of these waves were already crashing within Youyan Pass, but the hidden currents were even more terrifying. There were higher ups of the army who tried to suppress this, but the effect was no longer as evident as before.