The Fisher King

Beginne am Anfang

I just lean back in my chair, closing my eyes so I can focus on what they talking about. Sometimes when it's this early in the morning I have a hard time focusing because my brain is still trying to wake up.

"Playing with us." Gideon adds.

"Then let's return the favor." Elle suggests.

"He kept telling us repeatedly to save her. What 'her'?" Derek asks.

"Items he sent must be some kind of clues." Gideon points out.

"Let's get them up on the board." Hotch suggests and the team starts listing them off.

"I got a Nellie Fox Baseball card from 1963 and I got a head in a box." Gideon starts us off.

"If only his name has been Jack." I mutter and Derek scoffs.

"I got a rare butterfly in a shadow box." JJ adds to the collection.

"And repeated messages to 'save her.'" Hotch contunues.

"I got the decapitated body and a nice visit to the Jamaican police headquarters." Elle scoffs.

"Reid called from Nevada. He's on the way back with a skeleton key and a note he got, too." Gideon explains.

"And the guy who called me said "The youngest male holds the key." Hotch adds.

"Unsubs, they don't contact us this way. I mean, they might taunt us, dare us to catch them, but they don't drag us into their fantasy." Derek states confused.

"Why not?" JJ asks not quite up to speed.

"Because their sexual fantasies. I mean, taunting us is a show of power, but making us the object is...I don't know what the hell that is." Derek explains.

"Danika, have any special insight for us?" Elle jeers.

"All I can say is that he seems to know who you guys are." I shrug.

"How do you know that?" Elle asks.

"Because you don't taunt the police like this, unless you know everything about them. You need to know how to hit their weak spots." I explain my thinking.

"There's something about the baseball card. Nellie Sox was one of the stars of the 1959 White Sox. I went to almost every game with my father that year. Fox was my hero." Gideon says and JJ turns around.

"I collected butterflies when I was a little girl. That's how I knew what butterfly was in the box." JJ realizes.

"Like I said, weak spots." I shrug and Hotch furrows his brows.

"I got an anonymous message." Hotch says not understanding how that could be personal.

"And I got a police raid." Elle adds.

"Well, that easy. Hotch is the leader of the team, of course he would get the first message, at home. That shows that the unsub isn't afraid to get personal with the leader. And Elle, you specialized in sex crimes before you joined the BAU. The man in your bed was a rapist. I'd say that's pretty personal." I scoff as I explain what their's mean.