The Fisher King

Começar do início

"What if it is for me?" He asks and I stop for a moment.

"Sean, we made a deal. Plus, serious relationships don't last in my line of work." I remind him.

"My brother has a wife." He counters.

"Yeah, and he sees more of the office and road, than her." I scoff.

"So what? I'm just a fuck buddy?" He asks.

"That was our agreement, nothing serious." I shrug.

"Yeah, well. Maybe I want to change it." He challenges and I shake my head.

"The only change is ending it." I state.

"Fine." He huffs and I raise my brow.

"Really?" I ask.

"You said it yourself, this isn't going anywhere." He says and I huff.

"Fine." I say and get my stuff and leave.

————

I head to the airport and am about to get my luggage through the check out.

"Danika." Hotch shouts as he rushes over to me.

"What are you doing here?" I ask as I put my phone away.

"I have the jet waiting, I'll explain on the way." Hotch says and grabs my luggage.

"What's going on?" I ask as I follow him to the car.

"Elle's been arrested for a murder. They found a body in her bed, without a head." Hotch explains on the way to the jet.

"Damn." I scoff as he hands me the file.

We get to the jet and I sit down and he sits across from me. I flip through the file but don't get any images flashing in my mind.

"Anything?" Hotch asks after a few moments and I shake my head.

"Sorry for pulling you away from your vacation." He says not looking up from the file.

"It's cool." I shrug not wanting to get into it about his brother.

———

We get to Jamaica and interrupt Elle's interrogation. She's in a nighty and Hotch offers her his jacket since the room is so cold.

"You good?" He asks me noticing I'm in a t-shirt.

"Yeah, cold doesn't get to me." I shrug and he nods.

We get Elle out of there after Hotch proves that she couldn't have possibly killed the man because she wasn't even in Jamaica when he was killed. We meet up with Derek and head to the jet.

———

We get back to the BAU and everyone is on edge. We figure out that the man who was found in Elle's bed was named Frank Giles. He was a career criminal. The other victim, the one that was only a head that Gideon found in a box, was Martin Harris, a fetish burglar, and a child sex offender.

Hotch then reads off the messages that he got to the group.

"You must help him save her." Hotch repeats.

"So there's a 'him' now, too?" Elle asks.

"I think he means Reid." Gideon clarifies.

"We need to regroup." Hotch announces and we head to the meeting room.

"So, clearly we have a psychopath intent on drawing us into his game." Hotch states.