5

Cate's pov

After they had calmed down, we made our way back out and she was excited to go into each and every shop that lined the street. We left a little before lunch and went to the restaurant I wanted to take her to. "This is my favorite place" I tell them as we sit down, "well I'm glad you felt I was special enough to bring here" she says looking at me with a twinkle in her eyes.

"Of course you are, you're the most special to me" I say sincerely as I give her a kiss on the cheek to which she blushes and smiles shyly. Gosh they're the most adorable person I've ever seen. "What would you like to eat?" I ask, she looks at me and smirks causing me to blush from surprise. I playfully hit her arm and give her a stern look.

They giggle and ask for chicken tenders and fries, I chuckle and order a poached egg with spinach and a dry martini. She also adds a whiskey on the rocks to her order making me look at her teasingly. "Oh yeah?" I say funnily once the waitress left, "I mean I'm old enough, I'm old enough for a lot of things" she says quoting Daisy making me roll my eyes.

The waitress brings over our drinks and winks at Caroline when she slides hers in front of her making me take a deep breath. I shouldn't be worried and bring my trust issues on her, she seems to only have eyes for me and there's no reason for me to be worried...right? She soon returns with our food and this time she touches their shoulder as she walks away. I grab her thigh lightly making her turn her head in my direction in confusion.

"What's wrong bubby?" she asks me innocently causing me to smile widely, "nothing" I say dismissing it because of her cute little name for me. We eat and drink with a little conversation here and there before asking for the check, the waitress comes back over once again and slides a napkin towards them. She picks it up questioningly and it reads 'call me :)" with her number on it causing me to fume with jealousy.

She just shrugs and slides it across the table before leaning on it with her elbow and her head in her hands facing me. She watches me pay and sign it before sliding out the booth and extending her hand for me since I was sat on the inside. I happily take her hand and lead her out, before we leave though, I have to do a little something to cure my anger. I pull her into my arms and look her deeply in the eyes, "can I kiss you?" I ask, "right here?" she says looking around shyly. "I just can't wait" I fake pout and she giggles before nodding.

I pull her into a kiss, resting my hands on her perfect face and she deepens it by putting her hands on my neck and pushing me closer to her. I move one of my hands down to her waist and pull her flush to my body before moving my hands down to her ass. In this world it's just us, I swear. The way she kisses me sends sparks flying through my body and ignites something I didn't even know was there.

It makes the waitress the most insignificant thing on my mind and clears everything else, they are the only one I'm focused on and that's how I always want it to be. We pull away when the need for air is unbearable, she smiles widely at me while panting. She looks at me and only me, directly into my eyes not caring about anyone else. "What about the paparazzi?" I ask jokingly as I finally catch my breath from the mind-blowing encounter.

"I don't give a shit" she says lost in my eyes and I in hers, I chuckle and wrap my hand around her waist before walking out to the car. "I love her" she yells spinning around before getting in the car, "oh is that right?" I ask as we get in the car. "If it's wrong I don't want to be right" they say bringing their soft lips against mine, once again dizzying me with the slightest contact.

"Just so you know I love her more" I yell after rolling the window down, she giggles and lays her head on my shoulder. "I love you more than I've ever loved anyone. I can't wrap my head around it sometimes, but I know it's true and I've learned that there are just some things that aren't meant to be understood. That's what makes them so special because only we really understand even though it's impossible to put in words because of the magic" I say looking her in the eyes.

She lifts her head and gives me a kiss before taking my face in her hands, I lean into her touch and close my eyes in a dream state. "Oh honey, is this a proposal?" she asks, I open my eyes a bite lip, "Hey that's my line! 'Baby I don't have a diamond yet' but maybe?" I say questioningly but confidently.

"Oh come on Ms. Blanchett" they say nudging me playfully, "let's say, hypothetically, I'm being serious" I question her indirectly. "Well I say I would absolutely not... want to marry anyone else" she says teasing me for a moment. "Oh you're a cheeky one" I say, "a little bit" they motion with their fingers. "You would marry me?" I ask her seriously, "of course" she says without the slightest hesitation.

"Will you marry me?" I ask her this time directly, "I would be honored" she says biting her lip. And that's the story of how I met my wife.

All for you @CatherineCate14