The days seems to move fast as the lands were planted up by my dad and Mr. Cleve, I help out as much and Donahue did as well. We will have enough ground food, vegetables and seasonings and won't have to be purchasing the large amounts. Neither my mother nor Ms. Jennifer wanted lunch from the restaurants in the town, after the news reported that a woman was poisoned and use for ritual in the community we had stayed in before moving here. It was so bad that both of them did not want the children to eat any meals prepared at the school they attend. Dean had to pack lunch in their lunch kits and we all carried lunch bags with lunch to work.

  Donahue begin seeing a new woman and brought her to the store one evening, mommy barely acknowledge her and when we were ready he helped her up into the back of my truck. I had to take him oneside and ask him where he was taking her? I put him firmly in his place and drive off leaving him and her. Instead of him buying new clothes and shoes and looking women who were only after what they see, he should look someone who wanted him and wants something out of life.

  When he finally came home that night and I try to counsel him, we ended up quarreling. He hurled all sorts of insults at me. "Come in like yuh nuh waan mi fi fuck? When yuh did a whore dung di place a Jamaica, mummy and daddy neva a sey nutn tuh yuh, now everything mi duh is a problem."

"Me caan stop you from fvck cause me is not di hotel, and di time yuh spend a bring up my past yuh should a look some wey fi live!" I curse telling him.

"Yah come counsel mi bout mek sure grocery in a di house fi mi parents, like a nuh your parents dem tuh. Dean likkle scamming money run out now, tru uno affi build big house, suh yuh waan come order me round pon how mi fi spend. Guh run yuh yaad, an' stop program mummy and daddy fi mi nuh carry mi 'oman dem in yah!" He cursed.

  I blew out a breath digesting all that he had said, I knew the men who were a short distance away keeping watch at the house being constructed,  must be hearing him. I lot of things came in my mind to spew out and tell him while he continued to curse me, but I bit my bottom lip and held them in. I burn to go into his room and take out the furnitures and bed he had, but I refrained. How dare he voice something like that and call Dean's name?

  We have quarrelled and had disagreements growing up, but this was different. We are now adults and know wrong from right, I'm not perfect and I knew he wasn't, but certain things are not to be aired. I knew Dean was hearing him and I suddenly wish in my heart that he was the one who had died instead of Dexter. I even wish he had died when the man had hit him from off the bike.

  I was breathing heavily and sat down, quietly I ask God to forgive my angry thoughts. My eyes burned with tears and I force them away, I felt bad for wishing death for my brother and hated myself in that moment. I just wanted to have a peaceful life, why can't I feel free? The front door slamming loudly took me out of my thoughts and I look to see Donahue standing there. I got up and went over to my yard and into my house, bathe, say my prayer and go to my bed.

                Dean's pov

The tenth of March

  I took a nice perfume set along with some other things I know Cam love and made a lovely gift basket to give her for her birthday. The days were surely going by speedily. With her now living in her house, I wanted to go and see what else they may be in need of. I pack everything I was carrying inside my truck, including the beautiful birthday cake I bake and drive to her home with my children.

She was excited and happy and I notice that the boys greeted me politely. I lift Cameyon who looks so much like her dad and I walk about the house and back yard, while Cam walk behind me asking if I like this and that. The home was lovely, I like the shades of colour they chose for each room and how they had plant some vegetables and food trees as well. They were doing okay only needing a couple things to make their lives and home more comfortable and I feel relieved.

"Thanks so much for my gift, and the beautiful birthday cake sis," Cam said smiling as she admire the cake again.

"You're welcome and I wish you many, many more birthdays," I tell her.

  Desmond drives up just as I was about to ask for him, he came in with a bag and greeted me warmly. "Dean, I'm so glad you have come to do the cooking," he stated with a snide grin.

"You aren't so lucky today bro, I'm going back home right now to have a quick lunch and start preparing dinner," I tell him with a light laugh.

  He made up his face mimicking disappointment causing us to chuckle. "Thank you for building us this house," he says taking me by surprise.

"I am sleeping comfortably now that it is finish and you all are dwelling in more comfort and security," I tell him with a sigh at the end.

"Yes we are so very grateful," Cam chipped in and I felt that it was coming from her heart.

I smile and tell them goodbye and leave.

To be continued...