Chpt 2

🚛Chapter 2🚛

                🚛Demar's pov🚛

   I was glad I got most of what I needed set up and we won't be in short of anything, hopefully. With only a hundred U.S dollar and some naira I was broke and worried, I hope to get the work in the next town and we could camp somewhere and stay a while so I can save up. I don't know how much money Dean has, but I hope she doesn't mind getting meats and vegetables. What a good thing we carried so much food stuff from Jamaica, if that container had been checked I would not have been able to get all that I had done, done.

   It was miles away to Kirkwood and I aim to reach there and find a place where we can set up camp, thank God for new and more advanced technology we will be able to camp in more comfort than what our forefathers had. We stopped at a restaurant to stretch our legs and get food, I was glad Desmond paid the food bill and I bought gas for both vehicles.

   As we neared Kirkwood I tell Donahue to send up the drone and fly it low, we parked and look about the area. We wanted to be out of the way but close to other people, so we settled on an over grown area and I took out the wacker. My father took out a rake and began raking the bushes into heaps, then Desmond lights them to get rid of the mosquitoes. I cleared a large space and we began setting up the first large tent after parking the trailer in front of where we were camping and it was parked so we could easily access the bathrooms and kitchen.

I had no plans to shit a bush.

  Ms. Jennifer took care of bathing the children while mommy help Dean in the kitchen and I and my brother help Desmond to set up in his tent first so Cam could lie down after sitting up for so long on the drive here. After setting up inside all the tents as best as I could, I went about running wires for electricity by solar through the converters from the outlets I made on the outside of the container. It was now dark so I turn on the bright outside light on the container so that we could see and I went about putting censors all around where we are camping.

  I sat and eat the food Dean and my mother prepared and served, I plugged in the vape mosquito repellents in all four tents and after showing everyone how to securely lock the the tents I showered at the back of the container with the extension spray hose. The four tents looked like four small houses joined almost together and and I loved how spacious and high they were, I gave Donahue my glock and told him I was tired before going into me and Dean's tent to sleep.

             Dean's pov

   It seemed Demar had everything planned, down to the sleeping arrangements, two beds were made up by pallet boards inside our tent and a seating area along with a table that we could put things on, all three toddlers were asleep with a sheet covering them and one fan blowing on them. The partition section in the tent was pulled down and Demar was fast asleep to one side of the other bed with a fan blowing on him. After putting on a comfortable thigh length cotton nighty I searched his bag and wallet, I looked at him deep in sleep and sighed with a smile.

   I replace the file with his job application letters with tears in my eyes, I felt so proud of him for trying. He had two recommendations for two jobs in this small town and he was broke, now I know why he wanted to come here first, there were open job vacancies and he will be taking Donahue and Desmond as his workers. I counted out fifty thousand naira from the money I had changed and put five hundred U.S. dollars in his wallet, then put it back into his bag.