Chpt 44

Chapter 44

                    Demar's pov

  I went outside on the upstairs verandah pulling deeply on my spiff, I was glad Dean had fallen asleep because she would have been an anxious distraction at the moment. Karim answers his phone on the first ring when I called him but none of the other numbers I have been calling was answering me nor responding to my text messages, not even Jahmillia. Something was definitely wrong and I know it have everything to do with Antoine.

  Throwing the butt of the spliff away I went back inside and lock the door, Dean is going to be in a terrible state when she awakes if Adajay and the others weren't home and safe. I could feel it in every part of me that something was wrong and I hope if Antoine is involved he didn't hurt Adajay because he will certainly be hurting Dean and I don't think she can manage anything of that sort right now or any other time for that matter.

  Dean's phone beeped and I grabbed it up hearing the funny childish jingle with Adajay, my heart lurch in my chest when the phone was taken from my hand and I breathe a loud sigh of relief seeing Dean standing there and unlocking her phone. I was very on edge and needed to calm myself down, Dean's haggard gasp got my full attention as I hurry to look at the message. She began to breathe hard as if she was having a panic attack while I stood in shock looking at the photo. I blinked and scroll through the others feeling hurt and ill at the same time, a video came in and I catch Dean as she fainted.

  I put her to lie down on the couch and slid to a sitting position down on the floor, another video came in as I groan agonizingly at the sight of him beating Bartley mercilessly and how bruised and beaten Adajay and the other two women was. I lie face down on the carpet and cry silently until I was spent, I didn't look at the other videos that was sent and I turn off Dean's phone and hid it from her. She stayed lying on the couch without speaking, while I break through the security code of Adajay's house to see if that is where he is holding them captives so I can send the SWAT team there.

  "FUCK!" I curse not seeing them there and I got up in such anger I almost dropped my laptop.

  I whistle calling my dad as I look out through the window and saw him going towards the back gate, I hasted downstairs and open the back door. Then tell him as best as I could what happened to our friends, he held his head with both hands calling out. Geezas Christ."

  He went over back to his house and after a few minutes Ms. Jennifer and Mr. Cleve came over with their faces unwashed. Ms. Jennifer went straight upstairs to Dean and a moment later she came back down and began to make a pot of tea in tears. She didn't speak as she went about making breakfast and took the children over her home with her and Mr. Cleve. I was glad my mother and Donahue say nothing when they came over, they just look at me for a while then left with Donahue driving on my truck back with the children to drop them off at the store.

  Dean bathe and went to sleep, I bathe and went into the room I use to store my tools, gadgets and other paraphernalia. I turn on Dean's phone and saw a text below the other videos which read.

  Nothing less than five days with my money and sons and each day I'll be repeating this exercise on them.

  I was so hurt I couldn't even think properly, if Dean goes with our sons he'll not let her come back. I did not dare to think about the evil things he may want to do to her and I was at a loss as to how to save our friends. If we had known that he would have done that to them then they'd certainly have remained here. They had spent a few days in America just to keep him off their trail and the sneaking dog that he was still had to sniff them out.