Chpt 17

Chapter 17

Demar's pov

  I was over relieved when I tell Dean that the truck I ordered for her, would be shipped to Nigeria before it could be shipped to Port Elizabeth and she was okay with the longer time that it was going to take to arrive

I was over relieved when I tell Dean that the truck I ordered for her, would be shipped to Nigeria before it could be shipped to Port Elizabeth and she was okay with the longer time that it was going to take to arrive. I was left feeling even greater when she asked, then transfer the money into my account to buy one for myself and the bike Donahue had desired.

As contented as a cat I went to bed that night with the rain falling lightly outside, glad that I've found a secret place to hide the guns until I get the chance to build an underground safe for them. When the human/animal detector beeped that night, Dean was up and out of the bed with me. The camera showed police officers and I think, oh Lord.

We watched them from my tablet as they use flashlights to look on the containers and I worry that we may get taken in for questioning if they search them. They leave and I went and wake up my father and brother, after telling them what just happened I sneaked cautiously with my gun in my hand down to the end of the dirt road to look if they were gone. The government should make better roads with some of the money they are making off the sale of the plots of lands, I thought irritably. The polices talked among themselves while I watch from a short distance away and then they got into police cars and drive away.

"Somebody a gi dem information, goodly all di workman dem a chat when dem lef' yah," my dad says.

"Dem probably gone get a search warrant if dem nuh have one already," I tell them.

After thinking for a minute I walked inside our kitchen/bathrooms/storehouse and I began reorganizing the stuffs we have in there. I take out our suitcases of clothes and barrels of personal things with the help of Donahue, who was kinda of vex to have to be doing this rather than curling up comfortable in his bed.

I stop Dean from rummaging through the box of invoices and receipts, because I knew she wouldn't be able to arrange them all before morning and I tell her to wake her mother to help us. The police officers may come back in the early hours of the morning, or whenever, so I was making sure that we do what we can to avoid too much charges that may be laid against us.

The solar batteries stored energy was going to used up a lot with two deep freezer plugged in, but I plan to plug them off every night if they were using up too much energy. They were packed with all the seafood items and some of the meats that South Africa didn't want imported, then boxes upon boxes of top shelf liquors stocked neatly on top of them and we packed appliances until there were no more space left.

I ask Dean for some money and she hand me a stack of U.S one hundred dollar bills and remind me to watch my spending. I got ready and leave with Donahue before daybreak, telling them that should the police arrive to tell them that the man in charge was not here. I purchase the materials for the decking of the house and two more water tanks, then I call the contractor and tell him that if he speed things up I may have another job for him.