Chpt 26

Chapter 26

                 Demar's pov

  I took the letter and read through it when Dean was asleep, then I went on Anthonia's phone and took off the documents. I put up a firewall that will show her that the file memory had expired, from her phone I got Antoine's new number and search through his phone. I set up a blockage on his phone so that he may never be able to search Natalie's phone and access my number and block him from ours even though he didn't have our telephone numbers.

  The next morning after taking the children to school, the building contractor name Aduah call me and ask to meet up. I give him a time and place before he could say anything else because Donahue was in the truck with me, I had gotten so use to driving to work by myself when he had his bike, that I was uncomfortable with him now present.

  After I gave him and Desmond a set of work to start getting done, I went to meet up with Aduah. "Some men tried to break in on the compound where I'm working at last night and I had to fire some shots at them, so I wanted to put in my application for some bullets before I run out," he tells me after greeting me.

"Ok, keep the money, I'll check with the dealer first. If he says he has and will sell me, I will call you and you meet me back here," I tell him and he agrees before we parted.

  As long as he is working his honest living and just protecting his life I will sell him. Here is not much better than Jamaica where crime and violence is concerned and you have to protect your life by any means neccessary. On my way back to work I spot my father driving in the direction of the stores, we blew our horns at each other and I flog him down.

"I thought you would have been gone to the village up north from morning," I say to him.

  His expression was bleak and he beckon me to park. "Police did dey a di outlet and me and one a dem a reason, him sey by law mi caan full di truck desso unless mi a carry di water fi gi wey free. Him a sey di permit wey mi have a fi guh way a di big catchment, but mi know wey mi a guh duh, mi a guh dey inna di night when nobody nuh dey deh and full di truck," he tells me sounding down.

  "A'right nuh stress yuhself, lata mi a yuh guh and wi full up di tank and drum dem and den yuh full di truck an' just run one trip fi di day," I tell him.

  He looked discouraged and says. "Sometime di people dem not even waan pay fi di water."

  We had reasoned about that and I understand, so I tell him. "Nuh worry bout it if it nah work out a suh, a we still a benefit. Yuh can park up di truck and nuh guh nuh wey unless dem call yuh, and if it still difficult afta dat a just a new SIM card and yuh only carry water when wi in need."

  I check the time, give him R400 to buy lunch for him and my mom then head back to work. I did not take any lunch break until it was time to go for my children, I ate with them in the small part of the grocery store where meals were ate and then change them out of their uniforms in the small room they will stay in beside the office.

  Ms. Jennifer came and give them their tablets, then wash some fruits and put in a small basket on the small table, telling them they can eat some when they are ready. I show her the box of chicken and fries I had bought for her and Mr. Cleve and she thanked me then hurried away to cash a customer. I tell my children goodbye and went back to work, knowing they're in good hands until their mother come for them.

Deep in my heart I wish I was the twins biological father and I wish that Dean was Raquenay's biological mother. I love them so much, we're a perfect fit and together we are a family. I text Dean  telling her that I had dropped off the children, then I went and sell the bullets to Aduah then back to work.