Chpt 33

Chapter 33

Demar's pov

My mother's name was listed owing on two receipts in the stock book, so I call Ms. Jennifer and ask her about it. "Mi tell yuh mada sey anything tek outta di store mi affi put it down suh das when yuh check stock wi nuh come up short, she start a sey me tek stock to. Suh mi nuh badda explain nutn to har mi just put di receipt dem in dey fi yuh si dem," she explains.

"A'right," I tell her and she went back to what she was doing.

I call my mom and explain to her that if she needed anything from the store she should ask Dean for it and not just take it, she begins to complain so I tell her that she got paid every week, and that whatever she bought from the stores she got at half price. Therefore there was no need to take anything without paying if she thought it hard to ask Dean for it, principle is principle it's not like she didn't get paid every week. She turn and went out of the office looking vex. Why was she even watching Ms. Jennifer? The woman hardly ever takes anything and when she does she put it by her name to be deducted from her pay.

I shook my head hearing Dean's laughter when I had told her about it. 'She and Cam had mess up the profits at the store in St. Thomas at first, I had told her she couldn't run a business, so she must be trying her best not to mess up this time,' Dean had said.

Ms. Jennifer has been doing a good job of running the grocery store so far, Mr. Cleve helps her and keeps her company daily. Dean gives him a stipend every week, which he spends on the children when he took them to the park on some afternoons or buys drinks at the bar a short distance away, on the occasions when my dad or the farmer man accompanied him. He was an humble man and get along with everyone, if he was younger I'd allow him to negotiate with some of our suppliers.

We are blessed in spite of what we've been through, there had been times when I almost gave up to the pressures of my past, now I can only be thankful that I had taken a leap of faith and is basking in the reward. With unexpected benefits as well, Dean whom I never think I would be capable of ever having and Antoine's millions making us live in comfort and security.

It's hard to see the evil side of life and still view living the same, me and Dean had went through that, suffering through our different pains and we have come out more experience, overly mature and willing to not let our past define our future. I took out my phone and order a a bouquet of daffodils from the flowers store, then finish stock checking and went to pay and pick it up. I bought two bottles champagnes that was produce here in Africa and a thank you card from the flower shop.

Thank you for being so awesome.

From your man.

That's all I wrote in it then collected the children from schools and took them straight home. I hand Dean the flowers and she says 'thanks,' while looking at me questioningly.