Chpt 13

Chapter 13

                Dean's pov

   For some reason I felt like something was wrong, on seeing my mother calling I felt relieved and I quickly answered the video call. "Mummy good day ."

  "Bad day, I'm back in Jamaica. I was escorted here at gun point to Antoine," she says and I stared on the phone screen as she held the phone on him.

  "Tell har mi a wait pon har fi bring mi pickney dem come and come home tuh mi, or yuh an' yuh man gon get dis till uno wish uno dead," he says firmly and place a piece of hose on the desk.

  I trembled violently. "A caan me yuh a promise lick wid hose afta mi nuh yuh crosses mumma wey bring yuh yah, mi sure yuh si sey me an' yuh a nuh size," my mother says heatedly.

  My head begins to pound. "Dean, love you take care cause dah drankro yah either affi guh kill mi or mek mi go a mi yard, cause mi nuh dead carcass fi pitch pon," she says and then the call ends.

  My phone rings with Cam calling but I didn't answer, she must have heard. Donahue came up to me and touch my face. "Why yah cry?" He asks.

"Antoine have mi madda and her fiancé a Jamaica," I tell him weakly.

  I was hauled up from the seat I was sitting on and with one of Donahue's hands around me we walked to the jeep. Everything was happening in a daze around me and I felt like a shell of myself, we arrive at a property and Demar came to the passenger side of the truck where I was. Why was the container here? I wondered as he asked me what Antoine says.

  I tell him and he looks at me for a while, he drop back the seat with me and take my phone from me. "We a guh get through dis. Relax," he says and I rest my head on the seat.

  He squeeze my left hand and kiss it gently before walking off. "I need to be strong," I say to myself as I fight a battle with my feelings.

  When I saw that the men had the tents up I get up and went to help, Ms. Maize sat on a chair beside the children who were playing with their toys on a carpet. I did not see Cam and I look about for her, I saw where a house was building and my interest peaked. I look around the yard with the wall fence running all around it and wondered where we were, then I turn around and see our tents and remember that I need to go and help.

  While I made up the beds I heard Ms. Maize giving the children something to eat, the place was darkening and I arrange their cushions and pillows so they can go straight to bed after they bathe. I felt slightly numb hoping Antoine did not hit my mother neither Mr. Cleve, a wave of anger came over me and a vision of me tearing him into pieces was conjured up in my mind.