Chpt 41

Chapter 41

                   Demar's pov

  After dinner it was so comforting to cuddle Dean, she just fits right in my arms, the early night breeze was cool as we all relax around on the big tarpaulins on cushions watching daddy roast sweet potatoes and yellow yams. The children for once weren't on their tablets and were not playing, they are too tired from the journey and helping to make up the tents and they all lay around beside us sleepily. It was so peaceful I could cry from the contentment I am feeling, the orange glow of the wood fire cast shadows all around us, making the place surreal and the exact image I have had in my head since wanting to go camping when I was a teenager.

  Donahue came and took up the children one by one, carrying them inside the tents according to how we'll be sleeping tonight. My mom serve roast yams, sweet potatoes and cook up salt-fish, the yam had melted butter on it which added to the great taste and we had a proper supper. Donahue help our parents with cleaning up afterwards, then went a short distance away to sit by himself and chat on his phone, while we sip drinks and talk quietly.

"I can't love this camping trip anymore than I already do," Donique says lowly with a quiet sigh.

  A loud peck from Quefer cause us all to roar with laughter. "Have you ever heard of being discreet?" Adajay ask poking him with her toes.

"Buoy a one a dem unexpected things dey," he murmurs with laughter lacing his voice.

   The next morning we enjoy the river close by along with some locals who lives a short distance away and come to fetch water. They were pleasant and shared some stories about their community with us, I had to be the interpreter for Bartley and the others who didn't understand the local language. Dean leave with Ms. Jennifer going back to where we are camping and my parents who had stayed back came for a chance to bathe in the river. Two women hadn't dipped in the water that morning, Dean and Taynia who I perceive was on her monthly period as well.

   Taynia kept watch on the children all morning, she took pictures and videos of us laughing every now and then at our silly antics. Then we all walk back to where we were camping carrying buckets and bottles of water that could be used for bathing or washing the dishes. We ate the breakfast/lunch Dean and Ms. Jennifer had waiting for us, then I went to sleep feeling a bit tired.

   I was alone in the tent when I awake sometime later and I stayed lying down for a while so I could think. The man selling me the parts for the satellite was actually a wanted Russian soldier who had run away four years ago from his country and has lived in hiding with his family ever since. While they couldn't get the jobs they desired to work at, they have been surviving at whatever they got to do. He didn't tell me but I look him up and found that he was labeled as a spy and wanted for several crimes, I can bet any money that he was innocent and they have pinned those charges against him for whatever reasons.

  Being famous or someone of interest can be good and bad at the same time, which is why on this camping trip I'm looking for a place that could be our second home and very private without Dean or anyone surmisingthat I'm doing thus. I understand the world much better now and my career could put my love one's life's in danger, so I needed to always be prepared. Dean has a lot of money and we are well off, but she may never respect or love me fully as I deserve if I don't prove myself the man I promise her I would be. The man I always wanted to be, successful, independent, the best father and husband.