Chpt 5

Chapter 5

Demar's pov

I know Dean is very smart, she drove around for just a short time the other evening and she already knows where the hospital, medical center, police station and all the important places were. I hope she is truly pleased with everything I've done to make her and everyone of us comfortable, I love some expensive things but I love the simple things in life more and I hope she never gets tired of living this adventurous way of life with me. I'll do everything in my power to keep us safe and comfortable.

My parents and my brother say they are happy living this way but I didn't know if her family were. We will be moving to different places and experiencing changes in culture, food and way of life- staying away from tribes and places that appears harmful.

I was dozing off when Dean came inside carrying a tray, I sat up tiredly and peck her cheeks when she lean to put it on my lap. "Thank you babe, I will get up soon I'm just feeling tired," I told her.

"That's ok, unless you have something to do you can go back to rest," she said calmly with a slight smile and went back outside.

I ate and went back to sleep with the children's cute voices outside playing. I awake because nature calls and I hurried outside to a corner to relieve myself, then I went and wash my hands. The trees were just the right amount of shade over our camp, the sun shine gloriously bright and I smile feeling tears prick my eyes.

"Thank you God, you have helped me to get here and I've never felt freer," I whisper as I look around our camp.

Apart from us having to go to fetch water we had everything we want right here, the electric fencing will provide the security needed to keep out unwanted animals and humans. I'm glad I chose to buy the container, if rain begins to fall overly heavy we can pack up our things and stay inside there should we feel threatened of our things getting soaked.

I went to help my father, Desmond and Donahue to finish working on the fence and making a gate. My head dreamed up more ways to make us comfortable, happy, healthy and needless. Dean and her mom say they were going on the road, I told them to be careful and come back safe. This small town is not different from the rest of the world and though some people appears kind and friendly, I've read up and research while I've been planning for us to come here.

When they came back they came with a nice folding table and eight foldable chairs, a lovely bunch of green bananas and French fried chicken from a fast food outlet. I smile watching her serving on the new table, my mother walk from her tent and plop down on one of the chairs.

"Mhmm, it feel trong," she says with a chuckle and even Desmond's boys chuckles too.

I felt motivated and took the spare boards and made some things that would be useful to us, daddy wiped them clean and spray painted some of them. They marvel at my handi work and I think I find a new hobby, I admired them proudly then took my new wardrobe inside my tent and share up the boxes I made amongst us. Cam was especially happy with the one she got, saying it was exactly what she needed.