Chpt 25

Chapter 25

                  Demar's pov

  Donahue was acting all nice and good since he got discharged from the hospital, I let him know he was expected back at work the following week and hand him the letter from our boss

  Donahue was acting all nice and good since he got discharged from the hospital, I let him know he was expected back at work the following week and hand him the letter from our boss. Since when did he rake yard much more to be raking mines, if I had the money I would certainly put on a gate in the fence right now. Him acting respectable to everyone did not phase me, he was obviously up to something.

"Bro?" He calls me as I hurriedly took the rake and broom to the back where they were kept before Dean return and sees him with them.

"Yea?" I answered not feeling in the mood to sit down and force myself to chat with him again this evening.

  I walk back to the side where he was and look questionly at him as Dean drives in. "As me a tell yuh yesterday sey a just few good piece a parts mi get back offa di bike, it mash up completely yuh zimmi. Suh mi a sey if yuh coulda order back dah same type fi mi ina a different colour?" He says and ask.

"Mi nuh suh sure ino, cause mi already have things order through the company, send di money to mi account me e try," I tell him turning to go and see if needed my help.

  He made a sigh and stopped me asking. "Suh yuh caan buy mi aneda one?"

  I turn and look at him good before telling him. "I did not buy you any bike, is Dean buy it fi yuh."

  I hissed and walk off leaving him, Dean was around the stove finishing up our evening meal. She pointed to her truck and I went out and took off a small bag of yams and potatoes along with two lovely bunches of green plantains from off her truck back and carried them inside the kitchen.

"One a dem affi mommy," she tells me pointing at the bunches of plantains and I lifted up a bunch and carried it over and up the stairs to Ms. Jennifer.

  I call and she answers and came out. "Oh thank yuh, wow dem pretty! Mr. Saheia was right they are surely pretty," she says walking back inside the house.

  Donahue was sitting where I left him and I wonder why him nuh gwane ova or guh find somn and do. The smell of the Saturday evening soup was intoxicating, I truly love Dean's cooking, walking back to her truck I slide the back cove on and close it. I will give both trucks a good wash tomorrow, I think to myself as I shouted to Donahue.

  "Mi a guh in yah suh ino."

"Yea mon, ina di morrows," he replies sounding disheartened.

The nerve of him, I said in my head as I went inside through the back door and close it. "A wha Desmond want?" I ask Dean who had driven out to meet him earlier.

  She shook her head before replying. "Asking me to talk to his wife who keeps wanting the truck at her disposal all the times, among other things and a ask when mi a start back work pon dem house."