Chpt 29

Chapter 29

                   Demar's pov

  With the work started back on Cam's house came an even more serious Dean, I admired her standing up and putting her sister in her place. Nails, makeup and hair was not important right now, Cam did not need to dress elaborate to work as a cashier and she was lucky to get that job. She had good hair like her sister and mother and it was at a good length, she looked okay without all the glamour and trying to compete with the women who were born and raise here was foolish.

  Dean had made it clear to her that should she lose her job, or Desmond complains anymore about her she will have nothing to do with her. She had hand over the truck keys to Desmond and went and sit in the passenger side of the vehicle. After having her choosing the most needed furnitures for their home, Dean calculated the amount along with the delivery fee and transferred it into Desmond's account right before Cameisha.

  After she had shopped for groceries and supplies at our store, Dean paid the bill and tell Desmond to take Cam home to cook their dinner. Ms. Jennifer's eye roll as Cam and Desmond drive off undid me and I laughed until I cried. Mr. Cleve says if it was he, Cam would not sleep in the house another night. Her behaviour was dispicable and Dean cutting her down to size so seriously was something no one was expecting.

  Bout she a guh duh nails, if it was me I wouldn't have paid for her groceries I had thought to myself, but then Dean surprise us on our way home by calling Cam and telling her to give the farmer who was waiting at her gate R600, that was three quarters of her pay. Ms. Jennifer laughed until she choked, I had totally forgotten that the man who supplied us with fresh ground foods, vegetables and fruits live a short distance away from Cam.

  Dinner was lovely that evening, boil yellow yam, green bananas with steam fish and okras. After Mr. Cleve and Ms. Jennifer left I begin to sing, "steam fish ina back, mek 'oman belly fat." Dean shut me up however, when she begins to sing a made up song about her time of the month and went upstairs grinning happily when Adajay call.

  I miss the Obedos who had to leave that afternoon, but will be coming back soon. Most of their wages goes to the safe house and school, they were a dedicated set of people and I respect them. They had expressed such an emotional thanks to me and Dean for building the wall and bathrooms and for everything we have been doing, but they don't know what they did for us by helping us through customs with far more valuables than we had told them we were carrying.

  Feeling that we could do more for the organization I went and tell Dean, why wasn't I surprise when she begins to name out the many things she wished to do? On the Saturday we payed a visit to Mr. Abinago who was on the road of recovery. He tells Dean that the wife of the man who chopped him, was under abuse from the man and his family and that he forgave them, so she and the others should not harbor any hatred for Mrs. Nnabe.

We were surprise to find out that the Ms. Estella who looked after him was the same woman we knew as Estella, that work in our store. She was likewise surprise to see us and upon realization that Dean was the woman, Mr. Abinago had told her work for free and has been helping in improving the school and safe house, she knelt down thanking Dean. Dean pulled her to her feetvan hugged her, we were more concern about keeping what we do to a minimum and Dean especially did not love being the center of attention.

   Later that day there was a loud commotion further in the village, we gather the children who had been washing their clothes outside and send them inside. The workmen gathered with their tools as weapons and went to see what was happening. Two police vehicles sailed pass but we didn't go to look like the others.