Chpt 49

Chapter 49

                         Demar's pov

  With everyone present for our family meeting I began to speak.

  Later that night me and Dean reasoned while in bed and exchange ideas, I love that she understood our lives situation and didn't want to up and leave. She had welcome the idea of us living off grid and private, also the fact that we will be doing our own built of another motor home, traveling and camping out most of the time. I did not expect everyone to want to come with us, but I think it will be for the best. Desmond was the only one who seem to remember that we all need to be able to make an income to support ourselves and finance our camping expenses. I told him we'd talk further and come up with the right solution.

At work the next day my boss sent an executive director with a suspension slip for me to sign, I contemplated sending it back to him unsigned with my resignation letter but humbled myself and signed it. Two weeks suspension without pay for me and my team, for breach of contract and I had to report to work daily to do the backlog of work. There is only four undone projects presently and those can be done in less than a week, he could just give me a simple write up.

I tell a worried looking Desmond and Donahue what was up, then explain the work they'll be doing in regards to my company and that I will pay them their usual salary. "Dis a work out ina my favor cause di Sunday dem wey wi did a plan fi guh put in some work dey suh, wi can use dem dey fi finish up any additional work. Mi a just maths up dem four project yah and anything else come in wi pocket dem fi wi self."

A few days later we got an urgent call for a cash paying job down by the port, I needed an extra technician but I didn't want anyone from the company knowing of our hussle so I took Dean along with me, Desmond and Donahue. The drive to the port was long and we work for several hours without stopping to get it complete and collect the payment. As we were walking back to our vehicles famish and needing to relax, we spot a beautiful yacht anchored in the port.

"It's for sale, the owner may can't afford it anymore," Desmond says as we stood admiring it.

"Of course he can, he's just grown old and has other responsibilities," we all turn at the rough baritone voice and stare at the elderly white man.

He sounded british. "No offense sir," Desmond says as the old man scowl at us.

"None taken, I'll miss her," he says looking out at the yacht after a short pause.

Dean walk over to the man and introduced herself and then us, the man look at her thoughtfully when she ask him. "How much are you selling her for?"

He glance over us as if we look too poor to be asking and I felt a little embarrassed. "We're technical engineers, we can do just about everything in that field," Dean added when he only gave her a tight smile.

"Oh," he went and smile even wider.

"Do you mind if we take a look at her while you continue to make up your mind about the price?" Dean ask looking admirable out at the yacht.

The man smile wider and say. "Come on I can see you're very curious to look at her."

We all went along behind them, it had a nice size tender attached to it, two sea bikes and the whole interior was just amazingly beautiful. I almost didn't want to get off when he walk us back off and this time when Dean ask him the price again he answered. He further explains that his wife whom usually sails with him is now hospitalized and that was his reason for selling it, he wanted to be by her side so if he got a price close to the asking price he would settle.