Chpt 31

Chapter 31

               Demar's pov

Hopefully Dean has fallen asleep while waiting for me, I thought as I watch the last man who I had chased away from the stores go into his home

Hopefully Dean has fallen asleep while waiting for me, I thought as I watch the last man who I had chased away from the stores go into his home. I knot the end of the thick wires I had plaited and haul on a thicker pair of gloves over the ones I was wearing, then pull my mask over my head. I flew the drone back to me and put it on the back seat. Then I took out the crowbar from my tool box and lock up my truck.

  I went and call out the man by the alias his friends had called him and when he came out I took him at gunpoint a good distance away. I use the crowbar to hold him against the ground and beat him badly with the wire, then tie him up. I did so with all the others then gather them all together, tied to each other and beat them again, telling them not to fuck with people's stores again.

  I load them up into my truck back and tell them that anyone moves will get a shot. Then I drive to a point near the police station in town, with a few of them hanging over the back trying to escape and making themselves and their friends very uncomfortable. I gave them some more solid beatings, then march them to the police station where I left them all, then jog back to my truck and drive home in the early morning.

  Dean came to the back door when I drive in and I apologise for making her stay up worried, then tell her what I did. Any police come to me I would deny everything, they can go and look for the plaited wires in the bushes on the way out of town. They were even worser than the Jamaican polices, love sweets and corrupt. I wash my truck, got ready for work, eat my breakfast and leave.

  At mid morning I leave to go and seek out buying the lands behind and beside us to the hillside, we needed all the back privacy we could get and I wish the plots in front of us could be turned into a small park. I enjoyed the peace of being surrounded by trees and nature, instead of buildings and people. I didn't think people would have started buying these plots, but like the municipal officer had said 'people will buy and want to live there once they see others buying and building there.'

  I reasoned with him asking him why he didn't sell the lands further away from our properties? Then at his answer, I think of how best to trick him. I tell him that fellow travelers like us might be coming here to settle down and want to buy and they will want to build away from the plots that are already too populated and saw him go deep in thought. I took him for a drink after he gave me the okay to fence up and farm on the lands going up to the hillside. We even exchange numbers because he likes my reasoning ability and was in awe when I ask him about places he knew of in another town or so that I could open a tech company.

  We spend two hours where I explain much about solar energy and advance technology. When we parted I had a new friend, one who will benefit me wether he is good or bad. I went straight to the hardware and bought fencing materials, I call my dad and Dean and tell them to look out for the delivery truck. Then I collect the children from school, buy lunch and went back to work.