Chapter 30

You blinked and stared at the ceiling. Unable to fall asleep, you rolled on the floor and off the futon. The words you longed to hear echoed in your head every time you tried to think of something or someone else that is not Muichirou.

Was he trying to tell me that all this while? You covered your ears that are turning pink. You recalled all the times he tried to confess? Summer festival, when I passed out, and many other times. Why am I so blunt? You face palmed yourself. Or maybe I knew the whole time, but I kept shutting his feelings out. You, with the excuse of "he is my best friend, no way" "slayers don't have a promised future" to block him out.

"I knew he wanted to confess, but I was so afraid to lose him. I don't want to kill him off like how I did to everyone I loved dearly." you mumbled to yourself. Wouldn't it be better to just keep your feelings neutral? For the sake of both sides. I'm such a coward. You hugged your pillow tighter as tears trickled down from your eyes down to your pillow. I'm so scared that I wouldn't be able to see you again. I'm so selfish. You reach for the hairpin at the side of your bed and held it close to you. Star flower, defining or rather symbolizes innocence, purity, honesty, hope and forgiveness. Does he know the meaning of this flower? You sat up and pinned the hairpin onto your hair and changed into your uniform and headed for Shinobu's estate. I need advice from that witch.

.

.

I'm gonna die. You blinked as the thought of Muichirou came into your head again. You slammed Shinobu's gate open.

"Y/n-san! It's late at night! No violence!" Aoi yelled from the kitchen.

.

.

.

"Ara ara~ did you get slapped when you slammed the gate?" Shinobu asked as she poked your flustered face as Muichirou's confession came into your head again. Like me? Me? Is he serious? Did he hit his head during the demon fight? Now you are just too lost in your thoughts. Your hand unconsciously reached for the flower pin on your hair.

"Y/NNNNnNnN~" Shinobu pulled your ears which brought you back to reality. "Ouch okay what were you saying?" You asked. "Oh I was just saying that I'm planning to develop a new medicine. I should be able to increase it's-" ''Shinobu-sama~ I'm home!" A dark green-headed girl popped out from behind the door, carrying a suitcase, "Yuiiiiiii~" You ran over and hugged the girl by as you complained to her about how Shinobu was abusing you. "Now, I need to unpack my things from my trip and tend to the injured, please let go of me." Yui sighed as you let her go. Yui walked out hurriedly into her room and you were left with Shinobu. "Tomioka, did something happen?" The lady asked as you stared into a distance, "Yeah, I feel like the future is coming to an end."

Shinobu boxed your ears.

Since the time Kyojurou encountered the Uppermoon three, you and Shinobu had been doing an excessive amount of research on the demons and their blood. With the Kamaboko squad as well as Old man Uzui Tenegn clashing with the Uppermoon sixes, more information was provided regarding the strength of the demons. With permission from both Tanjirou and Nezuko, you got blood samples from both the siblings in hopes of studying deeper into the changes in blood once Muzan's germs make contact.(omg sakusa) Additionally with Yui's wide range of knowledge about sciences, especially with chemistry, the three of you were able to develop a drug that slows down the speed of regeneration by 20%.

"y/n, if we were to fight Muzan anytime soon, the drugs needed would be a lot more than what we have now. Since we already have some sources about Muzan, we need to be able to prevent the attacks and damage." Shinobu explained as you were zooming in on a skin cell. Or rather just daydreaming.

"Are you listenin-" Shinobu was about to pull your ears when you stood up straight and stared at Shinobu. "Are you hiding something? Shinobu?" Shinobu stared into your eyes, as if you could see right through her.

"I-" You shook in fear with the sight you saw. "What is that in your blood?" You pointed to the microscope that you were looking through. Shinobu's violet eyes widened at you finding out about her secret.

"I- was thinking that if I encountered the demon that killed Nee-san, there is no way of defeating him unless I get eaten." Shinobu answered coldly. There is a future I was unable to see, and it belonged to a dear friend, family even.

"Then let me too, add poison into my body." you told the Hashira.

"Y/n, you still have a long life ahead, you can't just-"

"I never planned on living that long." you confessed. You sighed and told Shinobu something you never planned on telling her. "I need to tell you that erm, I can see the future. And I can't see mine, it will end very quickly."

Of course like anyone else would she looked confused yet shocked at the same time.

After a long pause, Shinobu broke the silence,

"Was that why you ran to find Nee-san right after she left to kill the demon?" she asked with teary eyes. You gulped and swallowed your words, you took a deep breath and nodded.

"Thank you." Shinobu smiled genuinely.

Fun facts:

-Yui heard everything.

-Shinobu read about your Dream drops ability when she was a child in a fiction book.

-Muichirou wanted to find you but he was scared he made things awkward so ended up falling asleep instead. -

Any ideas for one-shot?