Rubber bands and Airplanes Modern AU

High school 2nd year.

"Sayaka, the door!!" You shouted across the classroom as the white hair girl rushed to lock the classroom door.

"Boys! We have to hurry up!" Yui directed the boys on how to weave the rubber bands together.

Last month during physics class, your class was learning about energy and the use of materials. For a month now during lunch break, the class ran around the whole school, hunting for any rubber bands they could use. Some even went to the convenient store down the street to buy the rubber bands.

It was March and while the boys were weaving the rubber bands together, the girls were folding the airplanes that contained notes in them. They took a stack of waste music sheets from the Wind Ensemble and folded them into airplanes.

A group of your classmates that includes Tanjirou, Zenitsu, Kanao, and the Twins were arranging the set up while you and Sayaka were on security duty. The both of you were holding a set of binoculars each. The binoculars were made out of the cardboard roll that you have after you use up the toilet paper. Who thought it was a good idea? Well, who else. The senpais, kouhais and the teachers gave the two of you weird looks as they walked past.

"Sayaka!! We need you to help us with the airplanes!!" One of the girls shouted. "But y/n-" She looked at you, waiting for approval. You nodded and she ran to help.

You frowned a little. "I look so stupid." You sighed as you mumbled. (Man you just realized) You turned around to see Muichirou and Zenitsu standing at a corner, totally contributing. Well actually it is because Kanao is too strong so help is not needed, plus Zenitsu was scared that he might fall out of the window.

"Muichirou! Come help me with security!!" you yelled into the class. Zenitsu gave the other male a little nudge and Muichirou walked to the door. "So what's up." He asked as he took up the budget binoculars and looked at you with it. You raised your binoculars to your eyes and connected the ends of the binoculars together.

"The ceiling is up, what else?" You replied which got a face of annoyance.

"This is so stupid." You complained.

"Just like you." Muichirou answered and laughed.

"Why thanks so much. That was very helpful." You said sarcastically. You looked at the pair of eyes opposite the binoculars.

"Hmm, you have very pretty eyes." You complimented while he looked at you like you were a creep. "Thanks?"

"Y/n look out!!" Yui suddenly shouted. A few rubber bands came flying towards your direction. Before you could react, Muichirou pulled you towards him so you won't get hit by the rubber bands.

"AH-Ah!! Muichirou-" Your face became red and so did he. You pulled away from him and looked away, flustered.

"Get a room." Yuichirou snapped.

"YUIIII!!!!" You yelled at him.

"Huh-? The female Yui answered.

"No, not you!! It's the idiot Yuichirou!!" You yelled in frustration.

"There there." Muichirou patted your head. "HMPH"

"Y/n-chan! Muichirou-kun! It's time!" Tanjirou called the both of you over into the classroom. You and Muichirou held one side of the table leg while Tanjirou and Zenitsu held the other. Sayaka placed all the planes in a paper box and placed them in front of the long rubber net.

"Kanao get ready." Yui said as Kanao pulled the really big rubber net behind. Yui looked down the window and gave a signal to the people down there to catch the box.

"Now!!" Yui yelled. Kanao immediately released the rubber net and the box containing all the paper planes flew out, sending all the planes flying around.

"CONGRATULATIONS ON GRADUATING!!!" The whole class yelled and cheered as they wished their seniors all the best.

You looked out the window and waved to Sabito, Makomo and Giyuu, congratulating them on graduating.

Can't wait for next year.

Fun facts:

-This story was based on a story my teacher told me in their school days.