Chapter 17

"Even if I'm gone, even if the world ends, we will forever be together. Okay?"

"Mhm!!"

You see, I can't remember much about what happened before. 

I never knew who were the ones called "Mother" or "Father".

Maybe I just forgotten, maybe I knew them once.

Or maybe I wasn't allowed to know who they are.

As far as I could remember, my first memory was Nee-san singing to me.

It wasn't really far back. About 12 years ago if I'm not wrong. 

I used to live in a small house by the countryside with my older sister and brother. We weren't really wealthy, but we had all we needed. 

Everyday, me and Nii-san would collect water from the stream nearby while searching for some berries. Nee-san would go out to buy ingredients for our meals. When Nee-san is free, she would teach me and Nii-san how to read and write. Nee-san was only 16 around that time. She was really hardworking, selling things in the market everyday to make sure her siblings have food to eat. 

I don't know what this is called, but I felt that my heart was just so full of things. It felt so complete. This feeling had left me for a long time. Now, I already forgotten what it feels like to feel happiness. I pretty sure I forgotten what that even is.

When I was around 5, Nii-san and I were taken away by our Aunt and uncle without Nee-san with us. I didn't know why, even now. Nii-san never told me. 

I used to cry myself to sleep.

I felt so confused.

I felt so empty.

I felt lost.

Even till now.

Who am I?

"Y/n!"