Chapter 4

"I'm so sorry for entering from the back door." Y/n went into the meeting room with a flustered face. She sat down and bowed to Oyakata-sama, not daring to look up.

"It's okay child, don't worry about it. What would you like to tell me today?" The master asked, smiling gently at y/n.

"Oyakata-sama, I had another dream again. And I think this time, the demon inside seem way more powerful than any other I dream of. And I........I don't know why....but....but the woman...inside my dream seem so familiar.....I don't know what to do." Y/n stammered, trying to recall how the woman looked again as a tear came out of her eyes.

"My child, it's okay. We can't save people all the time, save the ones you can save now, you can stop worrying-"

"NO!! I WAS GIVEN THIS ABILITY BUT I NEVER LEARNED TO USE IT PROPERLY!! HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I BEEN ABLE SAVE SOMEONE BUT FAILED TO DO IT, I DON'T KNOW ANYMORE." Y/n cried, losing control of her emotions.

"I'm sorry Oyakata-sama for losing my temper in front of you. I deeply apologize." Y/n settled down as she wiped her tears while it continued streaming down.

"Don't apologize child, things happens." Oyakata said gently, not bothered by her actions.

"But I can't keep putting my problems on you. These are my own problems and you have a whole corps to take care of, I don't want to be a burden."y/n said.

"Y/n dear, I'm sure you would find someone to tell everything to one day. For now, you can tell me Amane or your brother. We will help you as much as we can. Don't worry." The master said, giving y/n a smile.

"Thank you master." Y/n bowed again as she left.

.

.

.

"Someone to tell everything to...." Y/n thought as she walked out of the room, wiping her tears.

"Y/n-sama!!!! Are you okay?" A familiar voice came out from behind her. She turned around to face the master's son, Kiriya.

"Yeah, I'm fine... Just"

"You don't seem fine, is it another nightmare?" 

"Hm."

They walked together to the balcony, taking a seat.

"You know, it's not just you that have been bothered by impossible responsibility." Kiriya said as he said down beside y/n.

"I know, but this is too much. It's been affecting the master and my brother." Y/n sighed, her eyes red from crying.

"It still scares me to know that I might have to take on the responsibility of being the next Master soon." Kiriya said, turning to y/n.

"Why are we born in a world like this?" Y/n sighed again, looking down.

"Y/n-sama, why don't we make a bet." Kiriya said, hoping to cheer her up.

"Hm?"

"If you managed to get hold of your ability before I become master, I'll do anything you ask." Kiriya said, knowing that y/n likes challenges bet.

"Hm!!! Deal." Y/n smiled, eyes still puffy.

"Oh yeah you might want some ice to make your eyes less puffy if not your friends might suspect something." Kiriya stood up and offered y/n a hand.

.

.

.

"Y/n, did something happen?" Muichirou eyed at her, looking at her red nose and puffy eyes.

"Eh!?" What are you talking about." Y/n lied, trying to break eye contact with Muichirou.

"Don't tell me you entered from the back door again." Muichirou gave her a playful smile. Mitsuri who was behind Muichirou was trying hard not to laugh. For Iguro, let's just say he fell down from the tree also trying to contain his laughter.

"Wait..HOW DID YOU KNOW??" Y/n's eyes widened.

"Oh, the last time we reported a mission, you entered from the back door and cried when we came out, saying that it was WaY tOo EmBaRrAsInG." Muichirou mocked, trying to mimic y/n's voice.

"Hey!! I don't sound like that." Y/n pouted.

"Now now." Muichirou patted her head, still smiling.

"HMPH!!" Y/n looked away, her whole face as red as a tomato.

.

.

.

"By Muichirou! See you." Y/n waved as Muichirou walked away from the Tomioka Estate.

Y/n slide the door close and leaned against it. "Phew, he almost found out."

Y/n went to her room and sat at her desk, and continued reading a book she started a few weeks ago.

She grew tired as she continued reading, eyelids dropping and getting heavy. 

"In hope that I would see you again tomorrow, I'll do my best to live."  Was the let sentence she read before she fell asleep.

"Knock knock little bunny from the little mountain, 

why are your eyes so red ?"

"Y/n, please help my children. They are in danger, please."

Y/n looked around, she was in the snow, it wasn't cold since it was just a dream, a display of what would happen in the future.

There were three figures before her, one of them crumbling down as the other one was on the snow. The third one stood up, giving the other that remained a cold glare and left.

Y/n went forward and took a look at the one who was laying on the ground. She then spotted something that was so familiar.

"Wait, aren't those-"

Fun facts:

-Since the day y/n becamed Hashira along with Muichirou, she had at least entered from the back door more than seventy times despite having good sense of directions. If you add on the time when she was a tsugoku, it would probably break the hundred times record.