Chapter 25

"Have we met before? Your blood tastes familiar." The demon asked as you got down to get your katana. "Sayaka, listen to me. I'll put you down later. Take this packet and hold on to it, it'll help you to escape weak demons. If you encounter stronger demons who won't go away, call out to me or Gyomei-san. We will hear you and we will get you. For now, just close your eyes and hide behind me. If it gets too dangerous, I will give you a signal. When I do, run. Run to the human village and don't turn back." You whispered to the child in your arms as she nodded slowly. You got down and put Sayaka down on the tatami mat as you passed her a packet of wisteria.

You stood up and stared at the demon with your soulless eyes. "I'm sure we've met. And I don't think I'll forget who you are." You asked as you positioned yourself.

"You do have to know happiness won't last. But I'll forever be here right next to you."

You held back the tears and took a step forward. "Fourth form, Honorable shadow plum wheel." You mumbled and ran forward, deflecting any sharp objects that were shot out by the demon. Some of them pierced through your skin, but you didn't care. There are more important things than yourself.

"Water? Or is that Flower?" The demon asked as those sharp objects that were deflected faded. "Ah-!!" Your eyes widen as the sharp objects stuck on your skin start absorbing your blood away.

"I was right, I met you before. I even ate you, how are you still alive?" The demon questioned. You pulled out the sharp objects as blood spilled out. "Ooooh? Are you a hashira? I bet you are, just look at your stamina and all, you are still standing despite my blood demon art. AHAHAHAHAHA I bet that I would become a Demon Moon if I killed you." At that moment you want to murder that demon so badly.

"Shut up you narcissist, you aren't even powerful so that's why I could stand. Idiot." You snapped at the demon. The demon smiled widely. "That's right, I may not be powerful, but the wounds I make could never be sealed. So all I have to do is wait for you to run out of blood and eat you." You gave a smug grin.

"No one said I was dying without killing you," You laughed. "If you do, then I'll die along with you. With that, I can torment you in hell as much as I like, for you were the one who killed my beloved sister."

The demon looked unsatisfied. "I haven't shown you my strongest skill." You laughed and smiled again. "Nor have I-?"

"3,

2

1"

"Sayaka, now !!" You charged towards the demon and moved your katana right to his head. The little girl ran out of the house as quickly as she could. The demon tried to shoot a sharp object at her, but you blocked it with your arm.

"Third form, Striking Peonies" You leaped onto the ceiling and released consecutive slashes on the demon, who in return, shot out more sharp objects.

"Breathe, y/n breathe." You panted as you landed on the ground. Before you could react, you were tossed out of the house, to the field outside.

There was a lake.

"You call yourself a Hashira huh?"

"Yeah, I mean not me but I was made a Hashira so probably. And you want to be a Kizuki?"

The demon rolled its eyes. You spitted out some blood. You were running out of time. Your crow went to look for Gyomei but hasn't come back. Your lips turned pale as you breathed slowly/

"I need to kill him, it doesn't matter if I'm dead or alive."

Well what you did next made the demon think you are a psychopath. You ran straight and jumped into the lake. You soon appeared in the middle of the lake as you doggy paddled.

"HeLlo CoWArd Get OveR HerE." You shouted to the demon as the water beside you became red. The demon knew that you weren't dying soon so it dashed forward, shooting multiple sharp objects in your direction. You grinned and let yourself sink beneath the water.

"Water Breathing: Sixth form" You rose up to the surface as you twisted your body and trapped the demon in the whirlpool.

"Just a few more steps..." You jumped up and released the final breathing style you were going to use.

"Water breathing: Eighth form." You said as the current cut through the demon, slicing it into pieces.

The demon faded away and Tsutako's ribbon landed gently on the water. The wounds you had stopped bleeding and soon were sealed. You made a splash in the lake. You swam towards the ribbon and took it into your pale, cold palms before swimming to the land. You sat on the ground, exhausted. You held the ribbon your sister owned. It was a little tattered and broken.

Unable to hold back anymore, you finally exploded. Tears filled your eyes and you cried. Those feelings you kept hidden for eight years came pouring out. What hurts now wasn't the wounds you had, however it was the feelings of sadness combined throughout the eight years you lived without someone.

"You do have to know happiness won't last. But I'll forever be here right next to you."

You held the ribbon tightly as you fell back and passed out into deep sleep.

"If there is one thing I must tell you, it would be that my greatest wish now is for you to live a long and happy life."