Chapter 27

"Y/n, I wanna give something to you. I failed to use it properly, however I think you would be able to get hold of this."

"What is it?"

"The ability to see the future."

"Makomo nee-chan? How do I use this?" Little y/n asked as the girl with teal eyes rubbed her head and placed a flower crown made of starflowers on top of it. "You use it according to your emotions." Makomo said mysteriously. "Eh?"

"Y/n !!!!!" A distant voice called out. You turned around and saw Giyuu coming towards you, followed by another boy with violet eyes. "Y/n who were you talking to?" Giyuu asked and looked around.

"Makomo nee-chan!!" You pointed towards a huge rock in the middle of the forest. You turned towards where Makomo was, only to see a flower crown left. "Nee-chan?" You looked around, confused. "C'mon y/n. Urokodaki-sensei is calling us to head back." the violet-eye boy patted your head. You nodded and took bothe your Nii-san and the boy's hand. "Let's go! Sabito nii-chan, Nii-san!!"

.

.

.

"Nii-san! Nii-chan!! Please come back soon!!" You waved from afar as you watched your brother and his friend walk further and further away.

.

.

.

"Knock..knock little bunny from the little mountain.." You hummed to yourself as you tried making a flower crown.

"What are you singing?" Makomo popped up behind you and asked. You smiled widely, "A song someone sang to me when I got lost!" You said as you placed the poorly constructed flower crown on Makomo's dark hair. "Ah thank you, it's really pretty." Makomo said as she touched the ring on top of her head. You grinned widely.

"Nee-chan, what is the thing you gave me a few days ago?" You asked, tugging Makomo's yukata sleeves. "Hmm...it is something someone gave me when I was around your age. It's called.........Dream drops? How do I say this...? It is like a curse, but also a blessing in disguise." Makomo answered thoughtfully.

"A- a curse!? Nee-chan you cursed me!???" You looked terrified. Makomo laughed a bit and patted your head. "No y/n no. It is like a curse because it brings pain the future might hold, but if you try hard enough, you can change the future."

"Future?"

"Yeah, the future. No one knows what is going to happen in the future. It could be sad and terrifying, however it would also bring joy and happiness. What I gave you was the ability to see the future." Makomo grinned and patted your head as you looked at her in confusion.

"I myself saw what the future brings but I failed to use this ability properly. When that happened, I was already dead. You know, the future I saw was that you can change dark things and avenge many people. That was why I chose to give this ability to you. I'm sure you would be the last person to use this." Makomo stood up and reached her hand out for you to hold. You held onto her hand tightly.

"Once the final battle is done, make sure the foretelling ability would never be passed onto another person." She reached her other hand out for a pinky-promise. You hooked your pinky with hers and nodded. (Even though you have no idea what she was talking about. I mean please how old were you)

Suddenly, Makomo's eyes widened and she covered her mouth. Before you could react, she faded into the mist.

"Nee-chan?"

.

.

"Nii-san!! Welcome back. Where is-" You saw your brother's injured face and hurried to get bandages. Urokodaki-sensei came out of the hut immediately. There was only Giyuu, no one else. "Nii-san, where is- Sabito-nii...? Giyuu looked down and tears streamed down his face. You dropped the bandages and stared at the dark sky behind your brother's back, blankly.

Sabito Nii-chan is......gone?

You ran up the mountain where Makomo was always at.

"*pant* Ma- *pant* makomo nee-chan *pant*" You kneeled on the ground. "Y/n don't cry." That familiar voice came ringing into your ears. "Sabito nii-chan?" You watched as two figures walked into the darkness.

"Is Makomo nee-chan also......dead?"

.

.

.

.

.

You rubbed your eyes and sat up. Was that supposed to be a dream or a nightmare? It was so peaceful yet it was unforgettable.

Dream drops and starflowers.

Starflower-?

You stretched your arms and got up from your futon. It was another day to slay demons. You headed out and met up with your Muichirou.

He turned his head in the other direction as he passed you a small pouch.

"Candy?" You asked and took the small pouch. "No- it's- it's a hairclip." Ehhh-??? You opened the pouch and saw a hair clip that was decorated with white starflowers. Your eyes widened and gleamed with joy. "You seemed so interested in the flower last time we were at the summer festival, so-"

"Thank you Muichirou."

You took out the hair clip from its pouch and pinned it onto your hair.