Chapter 13

"Muichirou~ wakey wakey!!"

"Mhm?"

"We need to go on a mission."

"Where is it?"

"Northwest. Let's go."

...

So yes, it's currently 1 a.m. A half awake Muichirou was slouching behind you while you were running after the crow. But don't worry you didn't leave him behind.

"hurry up, there is only 5 more hours before sunrise." You nagged at him. The half asleep boy just nodded and sped up a little. "Here." You stopped in your tracks as the both of you faced a railway track. You walked over it and immediately you sensed a strong bloodlust. You looked around, you both were in the countryside, or rather surrounded by mountains and lots of plains. This place looks nostalgic for some reason. You walked further until you reached the houses standing by the side of the plains. You looked around but sensed no bloodlust. "What hap-" "Y/N BEHIND YOU!"

Slash.

You panted and looked behind you, a demon that looks quite ordinary. The normal grey skin and purple glowy eyes. She looked at her slashed arms and regenerated it immediately. No this isn't an ordinary demon. Drip. You brought your right hand to your left arm. It was bleeding. It was so fast you didn't even notice. "Y/n, are you okay?" Muichirou asked as he ran towards you. You -nodded. It was a small cut, but it was deep. However, you can't let a scratch get in the way of your mission. "Y/n? I wonder where I've heard that name before?" The demon asked, she grinned and tilted her head at you. "I haven't seen you in a while, how long was that? Five years ago I think." "What are you talking about, I don't think I've met you before." You glared at her, getting ready to fight. "You were the one who killed my family when we were turned into demons, it was in this village, don't you remember." The demon demanded. Five years...demon family...village. Suddenly you realized what she was saying. This village was the you came to when you killed your first demon, her family. "Ah, then itself my mistake I don't remember, it's my mistake I forgot about you." You charged at the demon, however she just jumped up and disappeared. Her blood demon art...

Mist Breathing, Eight-layered mist

Out of all the slayers, you were the only one other than Muichirou who can see through the mist. You looked around, the presence of the demon was close, however she could easily escape the mist. You need something that can trap you three in the mist long enough to kill the demon. You took a deep breath.

Total concentration breathing, Water Breathing: 12th form, Dew.

Water droplets surrounded the mist and soon turned into a hard but water shell around it, preventing anything from entering or exiting. You feel your body getting weak as soon as you released the breathing style, however you stood, waiting to find the demon. Suddenly, you heard the sound of water near the end of the shell.

"Muichirou, the end of the shell, east." You both ran towards where the demon was. Seven seconds before the shell breaks...You leaped forward and got ready your katana.

Water-flower breathing, First form: Whirling peach turbulent.

Slash.

The demon's head dropped just as the water and mist faded away. You panted as you tried to catch your breath. The demon's body dropped on the ground. It raised it's hand to catch the droplets that was fading away. However only to lose hold of it as the droplets evaporated. You walked over to her head and looked at the demon. She was fading away, slowly but surely. For the first time, you noticed the light purple eyes of the demon turned darker and more human like as it starts to fade, filled with not only fear but all sorts of emotions. You held onto your injured arm as you look at the demon with envy yet with sympathy. You suddenly collapsed onto the ground, energy draining out of you. (Yup I'm sorry I didn't mention this but Dew takes lots of energy after you use it.) Muichirou ran to your side as you tried to get up. "Y/n, you know you didn't have to use that right?" Muichirou said as he pulled you up from the ground and onto his back. "I'm sorry, that was the only method I could think of to block her." You breathed heavily and held onto Muichirou tight.