Chapter 29

"Hey stop moving or I'll tape your mouth up."

Typical y/n-Muichirou day. Quite normal right? Just Muichirou getting injured and y/n scolding him while treating his wounds after a mission.The both of you were on the porch of his house. Muichirou was- let's just say he tried to protect y/n but ended up getting injured. Don't worry you are safe, only a few scratches.

You looked at Muichirou's injured body. It hurts a little, though it wasn't you that was hurt, it was painful to see your best friend in that form.

"Muichirou, I'm a slayer too. What's more, a pillar. I can protect myself. Thank you though." The boy just nodded.

From time to time, there was always a long pause when the both of you were together in the middle of your conversation, until you started to talk.

"Muich-"

"Y/n." Muichirou cut you before you could finish his name. "What is it?" You asked as he put his uniform back on. You packed up the bandages as he asked you a question.

"What would you like to do in the future?" He asked silently. The both of you got up and walked towards the gate. You had a meeting with Shinobu later on so you had to leave soon.

"Muichirou, that's kind of wild. Us demon hunters aren't guaranteed a future. What's more, we are pillars, the foundation of the corps." You replied as a matter of fact-ly.

"Do you think it is possible to see the future?" Muichirou asked as he looked up at the clearing sky.

You paused.

It is, but even so please don't

"Muichirou-" You changed the topic.

"Yeah?"

"If we defeat Muzan, what would you want to do?" You asked as you held onto your skirt tightly.

"Probably live until I die, or serve the Ubuyashiki family, what about you?" He turned to look at you. "I- I" You stammered. You weren't promised a future, yet you still dream about it.

"I- I want to grow up, get married, have children and live until my last breath." You said timidly. You looked at Muichirou. His eyes show disappointment and hope though it was still soulless as ever.

"y/n." Muichirou called out your name.

"Hm?" The two of you stood by the gate.

Muichirou took a deep breath.

"I like you."

.

.

.

.

.

"World of no sound in the silence you speak, "I'm in love with you.""