Chapter 22

"Y/n, don't worry. You'll make it back. If you ever come to heaven I will never forgive you."

"Tokito, Y/n. You both should focus more on your mission."

The both of you who were playing shogi paused the game and blinked confusely at Tomioka Giyuu.

"Are we not?" you said, dragging the not. Your nii-san gave you his normal expressionless face and nodded. "UrGHaH WHAt!!!??" You gasped in disbelief. Giyuu nodded once again and Muichirou sent death glares at him.

"Also, Tokito. You better watch out, if anything happens to my sister you know what happens." Your nii-san said with a straight face. "What would happen?" Muichirou asked bluntly. (He remembers) Giyuu looked at the boy and glared at him. "Huh? I'm serious, I forgot." (No he didn't)

Meanwhile you went to the kitchen and made yourself a cup of tea.

This wasn't the first time a talk like this happened, it was a weekly thing in fact. Muichirou gets a so-called lecture from your brother and ignores everything while you get entertained by them.

"Did anything happen between the both of you during the Summer Festival?" There we go, Giyuu dragging you into the problem.

Muichirou stared at you for a while which made you look at him suspiciously.

Flashback

"Y/n, can I tell you something?"

End of flashback

Muichirou's ears turned crimson red and his eyes widened. However he soon went back to his normal clueless face.

"Nothing happened."

"Liar.

"Loser."

On the other hand you observed the both as they quarreled.

That's right he was going to say something but was cut off by the fireworks. You thought deeply. What happened after the firework display wasn't really clear as you were still thinking about the fireworks and the dream you had before you woke up. Yeah still thinking of who called you an idiot duh.

That night, you followed him around though the both of you did get lost and you had to bring him back to the Festival area.

That night when he held your hand, it felt a little warmer and your heart beated a little faster.

You frowned. Please, you know these aren't genuine feelings- right? As soon as you thought of that, the word "idiot" popped into your head once again.

If you remember correctly, you had a happy dream once where the idiot person was inside.

"Dumbass, you like him don't you?"

You shook that thought away. Like him? Unrequited love is irrelevant when it comes to life and death. To you, love is something as foolish as letting people you care for get killed.

"Idiot." You went back to reality and saw Muichirou and Giyuu getting their katana ready. You stood up and walked between the guys and tried to stop them.

"Woah stop, violence is a sign of pregnancy." You laughed nervously.

"What."

"CAW CAW!! TOMIOKA Y/N HEAD TO THE WEST NOW!! THIS IS A MISSION THAT REQUIRES WATER BREATHING!!" Your crow flew into the room at that moment and confused everyone in that room.