Chapter 16

"I would gladly sacrifice everything I have if it is for you to remember,"

.

.

.

"Muichirou~" You whined. Muichirou ignored you of course.

So yeah, just now, you asked Muichirou if he kept any promise to anyone, in which he reacted with a shock expression.

"Y/n! Did you hear what I said yesterday?"

"What did you say?"

"Nothing."

"Hey tell me!!"

Yeah and that's what happened.

"Muichirou what's our mission today?" You asked, skipping behind the long hair boy. "Somewhere near a village in the north I think." He replied. Soon enough both of you reached a village. The village was decorated with flowers and sash and a lot of fancy things.

You walked around, looking quite fascinated by the decorations. You approached a man who was setting up the decorations. "Good afternoon sir! What are these decorations for?" The man looked at you and smiled. "The village chief's son is getting married so we are decorating the village. We wanted to show the couples the decorations, however the wife said that she wasn't feeling well and couldn't come out of the house." The man explained.

You clenched your katana and looked around. There was no sign of demons, but the presence is close. "Sir, could you tell me more about the 'wife'?" The man scratched his head and hesitated. "Well, I don't really know much about what happened, it was a rumor. If you want to know more you should ask the doctor. " "Doctor?" "Yes, I can take you there if you want." The man offered. You nodded and accepted his offer.

Soon enough, you reached a small house that was about five minutes away from where you were. You knocked on the door and a small short man wearing a straw hat opened it. "Good afternoon Doctor, these two children would like to talk to you." You smiled awkwardly and nodded. Children!??! I mean sure we are 14 but children? The both of you bowed to the man and followed the doctor into his home.

"So what do you both want to talk about?" You both followed the doctor into a small study room with experimental bottles and Chemicals around. The windows were shut and the curtains were drawn closed. Not gonna lie but the room smells kinda weird. "The village-" before you could finish, the doctor settled a tray in front of you both. "Wait for me, I need to use the washroom. Have a drink while waiting." You and Muichirou picked up the cup. You eyed the liquid inside.

#Lab Rule No. 1 - Do not eat or drink in the lab.

"Muichirou, don't drink it." You stopped the blunt boy before he could drink the water. You looked around and stood up, heading for the window. You drew the curtains open and sunlight came in.

"Y/n... The water." You turned behind to see your cup of water turning into dust. "So it's a demon after all. "Muichirou, give me your cup." You said as you drew back the curtains. Muichirou handed the cup to you and you took out a small bottle of medicine from your pouch. The medicine you and Shinobu experimented with months ago. You dropped one drop of the chemical in the water and it crumbled away, leaving nothing behind.

"I see you found out. " The old doctor appeared behind the both of you as you turned your body around. The doctor grinned as Muichirou got ready his katana. Just before he can slash the doctor, you open the curtains once again. The doctor faded away, not like how a demon would however. Instead, it looked like a chemical dissolving in water.

You looked around confused. Is that man a demon? No it couldn't be. He doesn't have the aura of one. But how-

"Y/n, there is something outside." Muichirou said suddenly as he headed for the door. "Outside?" You followed Muichirou out into the streets. There was a strict-looking man standing outside the door. You frowned and went up to him. "Sir, who are you looking for?" The man looked at you and his expression softened. "You must be a swordswoman, we've been looking for swordsmen." The man said. You looked confused. "Why is that so? Who are you?" "I am the village chief, I was told that two swordsmen came to this humble village. So I decided to meet the two of you myself." You eyed the man, he was wearing a big hat and a gigantic coat in the middle of summer, how amusing.

Yes and so sus.

"Why do you need to meet us?" You questioned. The chief smiled once again and replied. "My son wanted two swordsmen to perform their skills in his wedding as a gift, would you? We will pay you." You stared into the man's eyes.

Lies

Lies

Lies

You said you would stay.

You were awoken from your thoughts when Muichirou who was beside you waved his hands in front of your face.

"Huh?" What was that? Where did I hear that from?

"Y/n are you okay?"

"Mhm."

"We will be attending the wedding for your son, the payment is not needed." You said. "But y/n-"

Before your partner could finish, you turned around and gave him a serious look, followed by a deadly Shinobu smile. He quickly nodded.

"Ah, thank you. My son would really appreciate it." The chief bowed to the both of you.

The three of you soon arrived at a huge mansion which you supposed the chief lived in. "Welcome, please make yourself at home. Here is a set of Kimono each for the both for the wedding later." The chief said as a maid passed the both of you kimonos. You nodded and took them over.

Later? I thought the wife was sick. Ohh I like this pattern, I should get something like this for the firework festival.

"Y/n what were you thinking!!?" Muichirou flicked your forehead as he scolded you. You whined and rubbed your head as you pouted. You then saw a girl with dark green eyes at a corner, staring at the both of you. You were about to approach her when suddenly someone called out. "Yui-chan!! Piano class starts in 10 minutes." The girl then turned away and ran towards a room.

"Yui?"

"Hey y/n, there is a faint scent of bloodlust." "Where?"

"It was here just now." The both of you turned around however sensed no other living creatures or whatsoever.

Now let's just say according to the plots night time now. No one cares if you are eating breakfast now, I have da control hoomans. UwU

"Muichirou, do you know how to battle in a kimono?" You asked asked the boy as the both of you headed down to where the wedding was. You had hidden your katana in the 10th layer of the kimono so it would be easier to take out. Muichirou nodded as the both of you went into a gigantic balcony that was obviously meant for a wedding (yall lemme tell you. I've done research and apparently the Taisho Era was Westernized in the previous era already so they have all these kinds of things then.)

"Y/n, the scent of bloodlust-"

The both of you looked around. The balcony wasn't really packed.

"There aren't any demons here." You drew out your Katana and walked back a bit. Your katana accidentally touched a guest who was by the side. "Oh I'm so sor-" You turned around to see the guest fading into dust. Demon?

"Y/n be careful!" Muichirou shouted as the majority of the guests faded into dust. You looked around, to see the rest of the guests looking terrified. "Muichirou! There is a demon here!" You looked around, everyone had terrified expressions on their faces. Everyone except for one. You saw 'Yui' at a corner with a calm and cHiLL expression, and she doesn't seem surprised by the people vanishing.

You frowned, thinking that the demon might be the girl. You ran forward to her. However the closer you are to her, the bloodlust becomes lesser and lesser.

"Y/N! ABOVE YOU!" Muichirou shouted from the other end of the balcony. Your eyes widened at the sight of something falling from above as you pushed Yui aside.

The last thing you saw was a demon head fading away before your eyes.

Then everything was black.

HAHA don't worry I haven't sent you to heaven yet.

The confusion is what caused me to be confused. cheese is fantabulous