Ch 97 | Better Off Dead

⚠️ Warning ⚠️
This chapter contains and/or mentions :
Depression/ suicide/ death

Please read at your own risk

__________________________

Y/N's POV:

Tears are pouring from your eyes but you're frozen solid as Seokjin jumps over the railing, swooping you into his arms. Everything moves in slow motion as you're swept off your feet and spun around in his embrace, and those words play over and over in your mind.

This recording may be used as evidence in the trial against Kim Sung-ho.

You'd been bracing yourself for bad news. The last eight or nine months you've suffered loss after loss, and it's a little hard to come to terms with good news for once.

Seokjin's almost crying as hard as you are by the time he sets you down. Your eyes flutter closed as he presses his lips to yours, the taste of his salty tears beginning to bring you back to reality. The cheers from all around you start to die down as more people burst into tears with you.

"Oh my god, Bug," Seokjin says breathlessly, pulling back to look at you. "We did it- no, you did it. I'm so proud of you." His watery eyes search yours and your brain finally starts to let the situation sink in. More tears stream down your face as he presses his lips to yours again before letting you go.

"Love!" Ana shouts, ripping you from Jin and squeezing you tightly. "Holy shit!" You're still on autopilot as she nearly crushes you to death with those slender arms.

For some reason things really hit you when you're turned around and see Dal with tears down his face just like you. His beautiful doe eyes are looking at you with so much love and adoration it makes your chest swell. "Babe, you're incredible," he says shakily. "I love you so much, I'm so happy for you."

"Dal," you whimper, throwing yourself into his arms. He presses a kiss to your left cheek again and again, squeezing you so tightly you can't breathe. A big part of your journey started with him. He was one of the policemen that got called to your house the night Seokjin was stabbed. He's the one that lifted you and carried you off the operating table, and then he protected you even when the world was against you.

"I can't believe this is happening," you exhale, tightening your arms around his neck.

"Believe it, babe," he whispers softly into your ear. "We're going to make sure that son of a bitch is punished for what he did to you."

Seokjin is currently being dog piled by his band mates and Sena and Ana are sobbing into each other's shoulders. Ma-Ri and Sung-ho are taken away in handcuffs to run through some legal procedures and get their ankle monitors put on. They glare at you on their way out but you don't even pay them any attention.

Once they're taken away, Ji-Ho walks to your bench and stands behind you as Dal releases you. Turning around you see tears in his eyes. 

"Thank god," he says, pinching his eyes closed and burying his face into his elbow, trying to hide his tears. He's just as relieved as you are, knowing he's not the reason you're holding back against your abuser. His body stiffens as you pull him into a tight hug, taking in that amazing scent.

"Thank you, Ji-Ho," you say softly, smoothing your hand over his back. "Thank you for supporting me from the very beginning. I love you."

He's frozen for a second but his body eventually relaxes, wrapping his strong arms around your shoulders, one hand cupping the back of your head.