Ch 62 | Wave of Emotions

Author's POV:

"Dal," Sena says softly, placing her hand on his shoulder. "Just let me call [Y/N]."

"N-no," he stutters, trying to control his tremors. "She n-needs to sleep."

"Dal," Hoseok smiles weakly, cupping his cheek. "She would want to be here with you if you're having a hard time."

"S-she shouldn't have to b-babysit me."

It's around 1am and Dal had fallen asleep but was stirred awake by a nightmare, and he's having a hard time controlling his nerves. He's never had his body react out of his control before, and it's incredibly frustrating for him because Dal isn't someone who likes to rely on others. He's always the strong one.

But right now he's hunched over on his side, gripping onto his comforter for dear life as a few tears roll down the side of his face. You're the only reason he survived that night. He absolutely would've been killed if you hadn't lunged for him. When he's manic like this, he only feels safe again when he's attached to you, just like you were attached to him when everything happened.

Eunji said that when this happens, it means that his body is craving the same comfort he received from you when he was in danger. When he has any sort of nightmare or panic attack, his body believes he's in danger again and he needs that soothing comfort you give to him to calm his nerves. Right now he's feeling so frantic that he's shaking as if it's ten degrees inside, unable to calm himself.

"It's only been two days," Sena frowns, gently rubbing his back. "You saw how long it took [Y/N] to recover when she was traumatized."

"She was b-beaten for two months," he says shakily. "I w-wasn't even hit."

"Dal," Hoseok says angrily, sitting down on the mattress and making him flinch. "You cannot compare your suffering to [Y/N]'s. You both had two entirely different experiences."

A few more tears trickle down his face as he tries to control his breathing.

"You want to get better, right?" Hoseok asks in a softer tone, running his hand through his hair. Dal's beautiful and broken doe eyes look up at him and he nods. "Then remember what Eunji said. You need to be kinder to yourself, and try to rely on the people around you. You won't get better if you don't let us help you."

Dal turns his head into his pillow and nods, giving in and letting Sena step out to call you. He's not sure how much time passes, shaking and crying before he hears the door slide open. Turning over his shoulder he sees you run towards him with both sadness and fondness in your eyes.

"Hey babe," you whisper breathlessly like you just ran here. He hates himself but he's so relieved just to see you. Without saying anything he extends his arms out and you happily crawl into the sheets with him.

Sena raises the bed a bit for you and you're both nestled into your comfortable position again with your back against the mattress, him cuddled up into your side.

"I'm sorry," he says, crying quietly into your shoulder. You squeeze his trembling body, pressing your cheek to the top of his head.

"Don't you dare apologize to me," you say warmly. "The only reason I'm angry is because you didn't call me sooner."

You let him cry it out until his trembling starts to calm down and his breathing stabilizes. Sena's sitting at the end of the bed and Hobi's in the loveseat on the other side of Dal, the two of them looking absolutely exhausted.

"Go to sleep," you tell them. "One of you can take the couch and one of you can take that empty bed."

His big brown eyes look up at you like a kid on Christmas morning. "Are you going to sleep here?"