Ch 55 | Heinous

⚠️ Warning ⚠️
This chapter contains and/or mentions :
Violence/ blood/ assault/ rape/ death

Please read at your own risk

__________________________

Y/N's POV:

"It's okay, [Y/N]," Dal whispers into your ear, holding you tightly against him in the darkness. "Breathe, we're going to be fine."

You're not hyperventilating but you're close. Once your brain was able to process what's happening you started to panic, and Dal immediately sat up and leaned his back up against the side of the van, pulling you to him. He's been trying to calm you down for the last ten minutes or so. There's at least one other person in the back with you two because the door was closed from the inside.

"Thank you," he breathes out, which finally seems to let you take a breath. "Thank you for jumping to save me. I hate that you're going through this but thank you for not letting go of me." His voice is trembling and so are his arms now.

Dal is stoic and strong but he's still young. He's probably just as scared as you are. His words of reassurance seem to calm you just enough for you to wrap your arms around him as well, pulling you back into consciousness. "Of course," you whisper with an equally trembling voice. "I would never abandon you."

The two of you hold each other in the same spot for so long your legs ache and you know his body's getting stiff but neither of you move. You're not sure how long the ride is but eventually the van pulls to a stop and the door is ripped open.

The bright lights make your eyes hurt and you pinch them shut while Dal holds you tighter with one arm. His other arm is extended out with his pocket blade protectively pointed at whoever's outside the vehicle.

"Who's the girl?" you hear a man's voice ask. "You were only supposed to grab the boy."

"You ordered us to abduct a high profile figure in the middle of a busy street," one of them answers with a similar irritation. "She latched onto him so we had to make it work."

"Good luck explaining that to her," another one chuckles.

You keep your eyes closed and bury your face into Dal's chest. Someone must be reaching for you two because he stiffens and you feel his grip tighten around the knife.

"Don't touch her," he growls. His voice booms confidently which is impressive since you can hear how fast his heart is beating.

"We're not going to hurt either one of you if you cooperate," you hear one of them say. "It's five against two..." he pauses and chuckles. "Well, maybe five against one and a half. Your friend seems pretty shaken."

"Well yeah," Dal snorts. "She was just kidnapped."

"You guys can either step out of the van or we can drag you out. It's your choice."

Dal releases his arm from around your shoulders and runs his hand over your hair.

"[Y/N], do you think you can stand?" he asks you softly.

You slowly pull back and look in his beautiful doe eyes. They're scared but they're calm, giving you a sense of comfort even though you're still trembling. A few more tears spill over your lashes and you nod.

"Wait, is that the [Y/N] from the news?" one of them asks as you turn around.

Your eyes shakily fall on the five men all dressed in black. You recognize the two big burly ones that threw Dal into the back, and the one with long black hair who was in the passenger seat.