Ch 43 | Unknown

Y/N's POV:

You sit up in bed, blinking a few times as you try to take in your surroundings. The last thing you remember is Ji-Ho saying 'I love you' outside Sena's car, and you're not sure how you ended up in your room. Your meds have worn off for you mentally but your body still feels light and tingly.

Fuck, 2:06am, you groan to yourself as you look at the clock.

To your left is a sleeping Seokjin without a shirt on, and his beauty only irritates you more. You're filled with a mixture of anger, sadness, and embarrassment, and you don't know which emotion is pointed at who.

The memories from earlier begin to flood through your mind but you're able to shut them off, turning yourself a little numb for the time being. Wanting to distract yourself you somehow slip on a hoodie and leggings without waking Seokjin up. You really don't want to talk to him until you can figure out how you're feeling. Him leaving his meeting was your fault but there's something about the situation that puts a bitter taste in your mouth.

You grab your laptop from the couch and head downstairs to the 24 hour cafe. Luckily the place is empty other than the elderly woman behind the register. You order an iced mocha and sit down in a booth towards the back, opening your laptop to get some work done.

Since taking back over the restaurant finances, you handle payroll yourself and have to spend a good few hours each week processing your employees' paychecks. You happily dive into work, using it as the perfect distraction. It's nice and quiet so you also take the time to balance your checkbook, go over your inventory, and manage your online reviews. Two hours pass before you see someone move towards you from the corner of your eye.

"[Y/N]?" you hear one of your favorite voices say. You glance up to find a very exhausted looking Jungkook in a black Hybe shirt and mint green jogger shorts. He looks fucking scrumptious, probably having just gotten done with a workout. His sweat is still glistening off his forearms and neck, and you have to wipe the side of your mouth to hide your drool.

"What're you doing here at four in the morning?" you ask, looking down at your phone. You made sure your phone wasn't on 'do not disturb' before sitting down. The last thing you need is another fight about not answering Jin's calls when he wakes up and you're not in bed.

"I could ask you the same thing," he chuckles, taking the seat across from you. "Are you okay now?"

"What do you mean?"

"I carried you to your bed earlier."

Your eyes widen and your cheeks flush a light pink. "Oh..." you mumble. "I thought it was Seokjin, I'm sorry if I bothered you."

"You didn't," he grins, flashing that bunny smile. "Jin-hyung was finishing up with that meeting, which ended just fine by the way, so Sena called me to help take you to your apartment."

"Ah," you frown, looking down at your lap. "Thanks. I'm okay now."

"I thoroughly chewed Hyung out," JK huffs, crossing his arms over his massive chest, making him look even bigger. "He didn't need to overreact like that."

"It was my fault," you sigh, not really wanting to talk about it. "He had every right to be angry with me once he got there. He left his meeting for no reason."

"[Y/N]," Jungkook says sternly, making your weary eyes meet his. "Hyung overreacted way before that. I read the texts. Yes you seemed mad but he could've just called the restaurant. Or he could've sent Sena. Instead he just up and bolted out the door without thinking."

You blink at him a few times and realize he's right. Now your bitter taste is making sense.

"Seokjin didn't need to leave his damn meeting and then throw a hissy fit like it was entirely my fault," you say angrily, furrowing your brows. "And then he just walked out as I was trying to apologize."